• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Pokemon moves look different

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
    Years
    I've begin noticing that some attacks on the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl look different. While I was EV training my Deoxys, as I continued using attacks, they began looking different. I'll list the attacks.

Thunderbolt: The lightning strikes that come down come down in different areas, and the static at the end pops up in different areas too.

Ice Beam: When the Ice Beam hits, it look likes big flakes shoot out. Those shoot out randomly and in different directions

Shadow Ball: As the energy gathers in, the 'balls' of energy merge to make it look like one. But those separate mini balls of energy and 'dancing' around, and sometimes from different gaps before being launched.

Anyone else notice attacks that look different on every use? If so, list them and explain and I'll list them up here, and give credit.

Submitted moves:

Submitted by Rad Riardos:

Night Slash: When the impact hit, red 'balls' shoot out to show the impact, those will randomly fly in a direction.

Thunderpunch: On collision, jolts of electricity spark out at random

Ice Punch: On collision, shards of ice shoot out at random.

Ice Fang: Ice crystals shoot out in different directions

Fire Fang: Fire shoots out in different directions

Octazooka: On impact, the smoke clouds appear in different areas, but since they're cluttered together, it's hard to notice.

Submitted by 41victory:
    Power Gem: gems sorround you and hit the opponent differently each time.

Avalanche: Ice rocks of different color fall on opponent randomly.

Mud Bomb: The user shoots a mud ball at the opponent and mud randomly flies everywhere.

Water Pulse: Bubbles in the background sorrounding the attack pop up randomly.

Fire Punch: It hits opponent and fire flies randomly in any direction

Submitted by Lone--Wanderer:
    Bubblebeam: Bubbles stop in different places and pop at different times.

Razor Leaf: The arrangment of leaves in the "pile" changes from use to use. There is also a Bayleaf leaf in it, which was how this was originally noticed.

Submitted by ~Yanmega~:
    shock wave: the electricty that gather near the pokemon are random and the electircy when it hits are random to

Submitted by DEC:
    Dark Pulse - the Dark arrows are shot in different directions each time.

Submitted by Shadowflame3458:
    Charge Beam: Electricity is gathered from different directions each time (Noticed with my Blissey and Raichu)

Poison Jab: the little purple things Jab the opponent from different directions each time. (Noticed while using it with Infernape)

Blizzard: Ice crystals (The ones that show up on the Target pokemon) appear in different places.

Submitted by Thecallofgame:

sheer cold: the cristal are in diferrent places eac time you use it or in different shape

Submitted by nd32:

thunder fang: sparks always shoot out randomly.

Last edited:

Lone--Wanderer

Sequential Sequence
    Years
    Bubblebeam: Bubbles stop in different places and pop at different times.

Razor Leaf: The arrangment of leaves in the "pile" changes from use to use. There is also a Bayleaf leaf in it, which was how this was originally noticed.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
    Avalanche: Ice rocks of different color fall on opponent randomly.
    Mud Bomb: The user shoots a mud ball at the opponent and mud randomly flies everywhere.
    Water Pulse: Bubbles in the background sorrounding the attack pop up randomly.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    hm, that's pretty interesting, it's something that i never really took note of.

it's cool that they try to make things more "real" now though, with more randominity

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
    Years
    You really don't catch on that much until you've used the attack for a while.

I've noticed another attack.

Night Slash: When the impact hit, red 'balls' shoot out to show the impact, those will randomly fly in a direction.

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
    Years
    It mostly seems to be attacks that shoot something out.

Don't forget people, before something like this happens. It's not moves like Seismic Toss that look different by having a 'higher level' or 'high HP'.

Anyone else?

Shadowflame3458

YUM PEPSI!
    Years
    I have one:

Charge Beam: Electricity is gathered from different directions each time (Noticed with my Blissey and Raichu)

and

Poison Jab: the little purple things Jab the opponent from different directions each time. (Noticed while using it with Infernape)

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
    Years
    The same thing works with Ice Punch and Thunderpunch. Shards and jolts of electricity shoot out at random.

The same deal is with Shiny Pokemon. I was testing the Fire Punch with my Electivire, and I noticed that the Shine's after the circle of shines popped up in different places.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2007
    How about sheer cold, the cristal are in diferrent places eac time you use it or in different shape

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2007
    I've noticed that the thunder fang sparks always shoot out randomly.

Rad_Riardos

PokeMaster
    Years
    That's also true about the other elemental fangs.

All of them have been added.

We've already gotten a large list. Anyone else noticed anything different? I found out a new one.

Octazooka: On impact, the smoke clouds appear in different areas, but since they're cluttered together, it's hard to notice.

Shadowflame3458

YUM PEPSI!
    Years
    Aqua tail: upon Impact, Little White and Blue things Come out in Different Directions.

Heal order: Bugs Fly towards your pokemon from Different and Random Directions.

Attack order: Bugs Fly towards your Opponents pokemon from Different and Random Directions.

Defend order: Bugs Fly towards your pokemon from Different and Random Directions.

Toxic: Purple Bubbles appear randomly below your opponent.

Icy Wind: ice Crystals Appear randomly on your opponentts pokemon.

Recover: Little Balls of Light come into your pokemon from Random Directions (No pun intended)

Hail: Hail falls from random Directions

Rain Dance: Rain falls from Random Directions

Sandstorm: Sand Flies in from Different Directions

Flash Cannon: Your pokemon absorbs Light from Random Directions

Stealth Rock: Rocks fly at the Opponent and Land in Different Places

Flare Blitz: Flares appear around your pokemon Randomly

Magnet Bomb: Tiny Magnets fly in from Different Directions each time

Steel Wing: Silver Feathers appear In Random places

Wood Hammer: Logs appear in Random Places after Impact is made

Leaf Storm: Leaves Fly in different Directions each time

Charge: The user Charges power from random directions each time

Dragon Dance: Little Red Circles Show up in Random places (hard to notice)

Swords Dance: Swords appear in Random Places

Stone Edge: Stones appear in Random Places before Impact

Spikes: Spikes Land in different Places each time

Hidden Power: Little balls of light (Again, No pun intended) Shhot from your pokemon from Random Directions

Solarbeam: Energy is gathered from random Directions

Rock Polish: Little Light blasts come out of the user at Random Directions

Drain Punch: HP is Drained in Different Directions

Ice Shard: Shards are shot at the Foe in Random Directions

And that's all I got.

Back