• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NEW! Pokemon Starter Kit for XP

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2007
    I think that would be the best, make one version with a story and one version without story so you can make you're own story

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    This is not a game, so it isn't supposed to have any story :p

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Yeah, it's a starter kit. You use it to make your own game. I've looked at the actual scripting, and, I dunno why I didn't realize it before, but it's very similar to Object-Oriented PHP! This should now be a breeze to learn, or, at least, it'll make it easier.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Hahah
    Indeed, Ruby is an Object Oriented language ;x

Good luck on learning it ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    This SK looks amazing! Good luck with it, you guys! I can't wait to use it once I finish my Paper Mario game! One at a time, or else you'll end up with a lot of unfinished stuff. That's what I've found. ;)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2007
    Well, I`m a noob on here that only joined to get the old starter kit that was never finished... Go figure XD (No offence to this great community, for I intend to be active from now on ^^) So, how's the progress going, and what happened to your scripter?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    His scripter left for no reason. That's what happens when people get bored/can't do what they're intended to do.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    this starter kit look great but i think you should just make test maps and put everything on them instead of mappin kanto, johto, and hoenn, because 1st it will delay the release, 2nd there will just be loads of remake's of the old games instead of people makin there own and 3rd if someone didn't want them reagions in there game and they deleated them they might deleate somthing important by accident

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    Legos, if you go ahead and map everything for everybody there's gonna be a bazillion unoriginal RMXP Pokemon games floating around. Also, it will delay the whole thing, I would prefer if you just give me a test map, tell me how to set up everything, and let me make my game.

But I also really, really, really appreciate what you are doing.

But, you also had better finish this, or you will be cursed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2007
    Zac you shouldnt curse people its not nice

anyways dude this is awsome i look forward to this ill use alot of this except the battle system because mine is going to be a custom battle system diffrent from pokemon.

Lugia1010

Pokémaniac
    Years
    Yeah, I agree with some of the others here. There'll be no skill needed anymore to bring out your own Pokémon game. And then there'll be a million of bad games and maybe 10 good games and it's hard to sort them out... if you know what I mean?
    Also, imagine how the developer teams will feel if their hard work was actually for nothing because everybody can get the thing they worked for for such a long time with just one click. That would be kinda depressing I guess, hm?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Yeah, I agree with some of the others here. There'll be no skill needed anymore to bring out your own Pokémon game. And then there'll be a million of bad games and maybe 10 good games and it's hard to sort them out... if you know what I mean?
    Also, imagine how the developer teams will feel if their hard work was actually for nothing because everybody can get the thing they worked for for such a long time with just one click. That would be kinda depressing I guess, hm?

That situation would be better, for certain. I mean, there's no game finished (good or bad). This will, at least, give people the choice. Anyway, even with a Starter Kit, the game developer must now what he/she is doing, because no Starter Kit has a built-in storyline creator or something.

Looking forward to it,

~Azura.

Back