• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Thread

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
  • Manafi scares me... a Clione Pokemon?
    Still, it looks sort of angelic, and a Pokemon based on the the angel of the sea, the clione might not be too bad afterall.

One on the left reminds me of Mantine... might well be de/evolution of it.
    Alternativly, it might be a flatfish Pokemon.

Middle one confuses me... two split tails might be indicating the Nekomata...?

Third one looks either like a Murkrow evolution (as said above).
    But my sister said it might as well be an evolution of Farfetch'd, since they both carry sticks around.
    Heck, that might not be a scythe at all... it might be a flag?

Micans

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    I don't really like Manafi's appearance, but I have high hopes for the bird with what's probably a scythe.

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
  • I Think Manafi Is Celebi/Mew/Jirachi Of Diamond/Pearl Games. It Looks Very Cute And Legendary. Shadows Look Very... Interesting... First Shadow Could Be Something Related To Mantine Or Chinchou... Well, I'm Sure It Is Some Kind Of Water Type Pok?mon... Second Shadow Is Weird... But It Looks Like A Squirrel-Like Thing Whit 4 Hands O.o It Could Be Raticate/Furret/Linoone Of Diamond/Pearls Games. Third Shadow Is Some Sort Of Bird... Perhaps Evolution Of Murkrow?

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    Manafi is probably a dual type psychic/water legendary and following the legendary Mew/Celebi/Jirachi line. It looks cute as well! The shadowed ones I'm wondering about. First one does look like a preevolution of Mantine, the second one I don't know, some kind of thing with a tail that looks like two leaves, the third one some kind of a bird (is that me or does that point on its head look like a music note?).

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    Im doing this from the shadows from serebii.net.

The first shadow has a spike on the top which is either some sort of vulture pokemons head or a spike like absols. Im betting its a flying pokemon.

The second shadow reminds me of a pic i saw of quilava standing up. It looks like a leady tail or this pokemon ersembles a otter to me

The last one i would say looked like a relation to mantine or wailmer

im gunna muck about on paint and come up with soem fakemon

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦

Awww, Manafi. Looks like a wimp though, but Pokemon has showed us small creatures can be pretty strong.

First silhouette looks like Mantine's prevolution. I sure hope it isn't, we don't need more pre-evos.

Third one could be…a Bug type? Looks like a worm crossed with a seal.

OMGOMGOMG The third one looks like a parrot which a scythe (or it could be a lame flag)! I really do hope that's Farfetch'd evolution, goodness knows that bird needs to evolve.

?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦?*♣♥♦

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
  • Ehh. After the next generation of pokemon came out, then the next one, then the next one after that...it's just hard to get excited about it anymore ;_;

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
    Years
  • To me that new Pokemon doesn't look like the new Jirachi/Celebi/Mew. When I saw it I hought it might be a Wooper pre-evolution but then I thought it looked like a Mudkip pre-evolution. On closer inspection I noticed that the first shadow resembled a snail so maybe a Slugma pre-evolution. The second looks like a mermaid Slowpoke and the third I have no idea.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Hitokiri said:
    Ehh. After the next generation of pokemon came out, then the next one, then the next one after that...it's just hard to get excited about it anymore ;_;
    Anything's good this time though, this is probably the longest new pokemon shortage ever.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    in japanese its name ishly loks like this

1t77

the 1 is tilted, the t to the other side, the 7 barly tilted, and the last 7 is normally tilted, ya get the idea?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • in japanese its name ishly loks like this

1t77

the 1 is tilted, the t to the other side, the 7 barly tilted, and the last 7 is normally tilted, ya get the idea?
    マナフィ
    That's what you mean. マ= ma, ナ=na, フィ= fi
    That should sum it up
    gotta hand it to you, you have a very interesting view on Japanese kana. I could never be that creative.
    I like this new Pokemon. I'd like it much better if it weren't for those weird yellow dots above it's eyes. It's cute overall. I just cant wait to see those silhouettes! I hope that is a parrot!
    And it's time to memorize the names so far
    Manafi
    Tamanta
    Perappu (Pelap?)
    Buizeru (Buizel?)

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    well i cant write japanese here and those are just sqares i hane to find a way to write and read japanese here

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Ah... It's cute in a weird sort of way I suppose. I like it :3

At first I was hoping that the three shadows were the new starters, but it just doesn't seem like it.

This first shadow I'm looking at has the horn-ish thing that Absol has and what looks like Absol's fluffiness, but it looks more like a bird than a dog/cat thingy.

This second one looks like a dolphin with legs and a vaporeon-like fin around its neck. For some reason my mind is telling me it's the second form of the water starter. That's probably not right.

And yeah, like everyone says, this third one looks like a little mantine.

I'm personally getting a little bored with all this pre-evo and evolution stuff. I'd like to see some more 100% new pokemon. I know that at this point they're just trying to catch the public's eye with cutesy/BIGAWESOME1337 pokemon, but I'm starting to get tired of all these pre-evo's attempting to draw some attention to old neglected pokemon. Meh, I guess I should be happy with what I get, but still...

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Like I posted on Serebii, I think this is what two of them look like. :P
    new015mq.png

new024yp.png

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Dragonite Tamer said:
    To me that new Pokemon doesn't look like the new Jirachi/Celebi/Mew. When I saw it I hought it might be a Wooper pre-evolution but then I thought it looked like a Mudkip pre-evolution...
    Why's that, I mean it has a weird looking egg it comes out of like Deoxys had and it is all over that picture and they wouldn't do that unless it was special so it wouldn't be simple pre-evolution like you suggest it could be.
    Silon said:
    Like I posted on Serebii, I think this is what two of them look like. :P
    new015mq.png

new024yp.png
    Those are some great renditions of the shadowed Pokemon, now it makes me think that 2nd one might be a Normal type like Furret is as there a lil similiar in appearance.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Hmm, after reading through everyone's comments and looking at that bird thing some more, I'm liking the bird-with-a-scythe idea. It'd make an interesting new Dark pokemon, and perhaps a good evolution for Murkrow. I'd certainly keep an eye out for that Pokemon as I played D/P :3.

EDIT: The new movie involves Mantine, doesn't it? If so, the water pokemon being a mantine pre-evo is a very good possibility.

Last edited:
    Back