• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] New safe maps

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2021
    Hi pokecommunity, i have (i think) a noob question: i've heard that adding completely new maps with Advance map can overwrite some bytes and destroy critical data.
    So the question is, can i add new maps (and banks) to a ROM with advance map without problems? I have to change some settings? (usually i work on Ruby and Fire red in case you know something)
    Thank you (sorry for my english).

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
    I'm not the best at ROM hacking, but I'm pretty sure, as long as you repoint your data when creating maps to free spaces on your ROM, where there is no data in it, then you should be ok :) An example is the offset 800000, and if you expanded your ROM to 32 MB, 900000, they are good places to place your map data in, as they wont mess with anything :D But once again, I'm not an expert at this, so, don't take my answer as your definite answer, I don't want to corrupt anything on your hack if something I said turned out to be incorrect. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Unfortunately this IS a noob question - AdvanceMAp AUTOMATICALLY finds free space - exactly the amount it needs to import the data you want. You just have to select an offset from the list it gives.

Back