• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New sugimori art!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Rocket Ex. Athena looks fat.

And man, Morty and Wataru look sexy!
    Must... resist... *faints*

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Johto Gym Leaders
    I'll start with the rest of the Johto Gym Leaders first. Jasmine looks very charming in her artwork. I don't see anything wrong with her new look or posture for this one. For Chuck, all I can say is that he looks fun to hang out with. xD

As for Pryce, the same thing goes as before, I see nothing wrong with this at all. He came out pretty well in his new art and I definitely like his facial expression; it makes him look quite strong ironically. Clair looks absolutely stunning in her new wardrobe and the cape fits all too well. I'm a bit iffy on the large black rings of her glove and boots though, not too sure about that. She looks great regardless though.
    Rocket Executives
    Apollo is now my all time favorite Team Rocket executive. He just looks bad (in a good way) and his posture and wardrobe suits him too perfectly. His name as well, perfect match if I do say so myself.

As for Athena, it is pretty cool how they went with the Greek Goddess name with her and she looks very high in rank, but she is kind of fat in the legs and hips as mentioned before.

Lamda is cool, but I don't have much to say about him. He's really my least favorite executive, but his artwork is pretty neat regardless.
    Elite Four
    Elite Will looks really cool both his posture and look. It fits his role as the Psychic Elite very much so. If I had to mention anything negative about Will's new Sugimori artwork is that he has no eyes within his mask. o_o

Elite Koga making a return from Kanto into the Elite like the originals was always a brilliant and flowing idea into the games. His new artwork leaves no change in that and he's definitely working it in his new look. I think Sugimori has definitely made a step up since the original artwork.

Elite Bruno, no allowing his back face you with his facial expression makes him look tough in all ways as an Elite member. I think this is a nice improvement since his original work. Other than this, I've got nothing much really to say about his new artwork.

Elite Karen, oh my gosh, she's so hot this time around. Her posture, hair, facial expression says it all for her as the fourth Elite member. Her artwork is a large step-up since the originals and only provides more back-up proof that Sugimori's art style has definitely took a turn for the best.
    Overall, all of the artwork is great in their own individual ways. It only agonizes the wait of the release of this game and its Official Guide book within the months to come in the US, UK, Australia, and so on.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    Falkner and Morty looks sooo smexy.x3
    I don't like Lance's hairstyle. His pose looks ok, but his hair...eh. I miss his old hairstyle. The improved one reminds me of Cyrus.
    But I freaking loooove Clair's new look.<3 She looks badass and mystical.o.o

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2010
    As for Athena, it is pretty cool how they went with the Greek Goddess name with her and she looks very high in rank, but she is kind of fat in the legs and hips as mentioned before.

Actually, Athena was named after a real life rocket/missle, as were all the executives. Hate to be anal, but she was named after a missle that was named after a goddess, just as Apollo was named after a missle named after a god. Heheh...Yea, sorry for sounding like a jerk.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I think Athena is beautiful no matter what she looks like.
    Oh, and Bugsy's shorts. Yeah I don't like those. They could stand to be a wee bit longer.

I really like Will though. I don't know what it is about him, But I approve.

One more thing. Why does Bugsy still have a net? This isn't the 1500's. We use Pokeballs now. -sigh-

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
    Wow, I'm really liking these. I like to think that the more colorful models are an improvement over the original models from Gen1/Gen2...

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    Oh please don't hold the barbell like that Chuck. You're close to injury. =P

I really like the Rocket Executives' designs. Somehow the game sprites don't do them justice, especially Athena.

I have problems with Will and Lance (Elite 4) though. I actually prefer Will's old design - his new image looks like he's a pervert or something. *shrug*

And our dragon-user Lance... He looks like he's in his 40s... I guess it's his nose... He looks much better in game sprites.

Thumbs up for Karen and Bruno. While Lance (E4) looked older, these two seem to be younger and more appealing.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    OMG, Lambda & Koga equal my lovers! <3

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Oh cool ! I think I seen these but...
    Eh , I don't like Bugsy . Just because he looks like a Stick with a Bag in his hand and he is ready to fall off . The best are Morty's and Appolo's . Really , they look cool but several of them (like Whitney , if she had a Posture with someting that shows cuteness or anything like that ) could be better .

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I want my Sabrina and Misty!
    *dies*

But Clair looks FANTASTIC!

Years
    Will we get art of the Kanto Gym Leaders (and Kanto)? I can't remember if we got any for them in G/S/C, cause there's none in my Nintendo guides of them.

Back