• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool✓] New to Pokemon Rom Games - What Tools do I need

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    My pick of game is to rom hack FireRed and LeafGreen, But I'll be focusing on Red.

I contemplate creating two regions like Gold and Silver. I want to make it based on the modern games,
    up to gen 7 (Sun and Moon), which includes the Fairy-type, the physical / special split, and no HMs (Sun and Moon). Do I
    need to script it? And I'm bent on creating two more types.

What tools do I need to make this happen, and where do I find these tools?

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    You can try to install the rom base Leon Dias made for FireRed:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409672

I would be cautious about it if you are only doing mechanics exclusive to Gen 7, as the base is set to most Gen 8 mechanics. It should have everything else including Fairy Type and Physical/Special.

I don't have an issue with gen 8, I never played Sword and Shield that's why. I don't know if gen 8 has new mechanics
    I'm not familiar with.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    You can try to install the rom base Leon Dias made for FireRed:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409672

I would be cautious about it if you are only doing mechanics exclusive to Gen 7, as the base is set to most Gen 8 mechanics. It should have everything else including Fairy Type and Physical/Special.

I read most of the description, and I have a decent understanding. I've used Total Virus to scan most the downloads,
    but nearly all of them seem to be fine to use. Total Virus detected viruses by 9 different security vendors for
    "Rom Base DPE Update." Is it safe to use, and are those false positives.

Judging what it said in the description, it looks like you can use advance map. I'm sure it's possible you can use other
    tools to go along with it, correct? Can you also change the move animation if possible?

If the rom base doesn't work, what other tools do you recommend?

Thank you PorousMist326 for linking me this though, btw.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I read most of the description, and I have a decent understanding. I've used Total Virus to scan most the downloads,
    but nearly all of them seem to be fine to use. Total Virus detected viruses by 9 different security vendors for
    "Rom Base DPE Update." Is it safe to use, and are those false positives.

Judging what it said in the description, it looks like you can use advance map. I'm sure it's possible you can use other
    tools to go along with it, correct? Can you also change the move animation if possible?

If the rom base doesn't work, what other tools do you recommend?

Thank you PorousMist326 for linking me this though, btw.

The base should be fine, I once downloaded and used the base before without any major problems, but still download with caution if you are sure your computer is not invulnerable enough to any possible viruses.

The base also includes a folder full of tools to use for a rom patched with the upgrade, already modded to work with the base. You will need to use Advance Map 1.92 ONLY for wild Pokemon data, and Advance Map 1.95 for everything else map related. For move animations, you might want to either look around HackRomTools or the Binary Hacks/Tools/Resources thread for tools related to such.

As of Gen 8 mechanics, they introduce new moves, abilities, Pokemon, tweaks, and the infamous Dynamax mechanic. If you want these mechanics, go ahead, unless you want to take the Pokemon Gaia route (despite 2 generations worth of content, they only use mechanics based on ORAS) and only want to use Gen 7 mechanics for your hack, where you will need to configure plugin settings somewhere.

If you need more help, you can ask Leon Dias himself and the crew on their Discord:
    https://discord.com/channels/442389972293779466/814273462796812289

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    The base should be fine, I once downloaded and used the base before without any major problems, but still download with caution if you are sure your computer is not invulnerable enough to any possible viruses.

The base also includes a folder full of tools to use for a rom patched with the upgrade, already modded to work with the base. You will need to use Advance Map 1.92 ONLY for wild Pokemon data, and Advance Map 1.95 for everything else map related. For move animations, you might want to either look around HackRomTools or the Binary Hacks/Tools/Resources thread for tools related to such.

As of Gen 8 mechanics, they introduce new moves, abilities, Pokemon, tweaks, and the infamous Dynamax mechanic. If you want these mechanics, go ahead, unless you want to take the Pokemon Gaia route (despite 2 generations worth of content, they only use mechanics based on ORAS) and only want to use Gen 7 mechanics for your hack, where you will need to configure plugin settings somewhere.

If you need more help, you can ask Leon Dias himself and the crew on their Discord:
    https://discord.com/channels/442389972293779466/814273462796812289

I'll be careful with the base. as long as Windows Defender combats any possible viruses.

Ah cool, an all in one packet for the rom, and I have both versions of advance map. I'll delve into the tools' list
    for both resources.

Yeah I'll mess around with settings and mechanics, see what works for me.

I can ask him for certain help, but thank you for all the links you provided me, it's a big help.

Back