• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [NEW UPDATE: 40+ NEW POKEMON]: Pokémon Infinite Fusion

Days
I never said I was defending it. I agree that the downloads should be accessible in all of the places the game is advertised. My point is that it's a complete non-issue that you're blowing out of proportion. The files are shared publicly. Discord is free and the server is free to join with no requirements. The first thing it points you to is the downloads section. You never even have to see the rest of the server. If you're experiencing major "privacy issues" just from installing Discord, maybe the internet isn't the place for you. Plus if you wanted to act decent, you could stop complaining about literally nothing. On top of that, if you think the entire concept of the server reeks of narcissism, something you clearly don't like, why do you want to support those people by playing their game?

It's not a "non-issue" if it's actively preventing people from obtaining the thing in question.
Agreed to the extreme dude, This is absurd and I feel like I have been shut out of enjoying the game just because I don't use discord.

Just as it would be unreasonable for me to demand people get Telegram or even a Matrix account to download something, and how it would be reasonable for people to complain and raise fury over it, so is this.

And I beg your pardon!? Me blowing things out of proportion!? The only thing out of proportion is HOW OFTEN THIS ISSUE HAPPENS. My friend, that does occasionally create content, wanted to have the Pokemon Emerald Too Many Types that came out a few days ago... Only on A BLOODY DISCORD. (He also sent out a request for Infinite Fusion alongside it after talking with me.)

Pokemon Clover is more accessible.

And it's not like I support these people, I'm not going to release any gameplay videos, I want to sit and laugh at funny fusion and have a somewhat fresh experience.
It does not bar me from the ability to criticize them, it does not mean I support them.

And if you, yourself, disagree with this practice, then why don't you do a little defiance and share it? Where's your sense of what is right, and why isn't it acting?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
It's not a "non-issue" if it's actively preventing people from obtaining the thing in question.

Just as it would be unreasonable for me to demand people get Telegram or even a Matrix account to download something, and how it would be reasonable for people to complain and raise fury over it, so is this.

And I beg your pardon!? Me blowing things out of proportion!? The only thing out of proportion is HOW OFTEN THIS ISSUE HAPPENS. My friend, that does occasionally create content, wanted to have the Pokemon Emerald Too Many Types that came out a few days ago... Only on A BLOODY DISCORD. (He also sent out a request for Infinite Fusion alongside it after talking with me.)

Pokemon Clover is more accessible.

And it's not like I support these people, I'm not going to release any gameplay videos, I want to sit and laugh at funny fusion and have a somewhat fresh experience.
It does not bar me from the ability to criticize them, it does not mean I support them.

And if you, yourself, disagree with this practice, then why don't you do a little defiance and share it? Where's your sense of what is right, and why isn't it acting?

To start, YouTuber made games are completely different. I think it sucks that they're usually pay walled, but that's a different story than games like this that are made by fans for fans. There are plenty of games that use a Discord server to keep everything in one spot. The developers did not have to make this game, nor did they have to put it out for people to play. They did it for free, for no reason other than love for the series. To me, it feels like it's in bad taste to complain about it for such a miniscule reason. This may be an issue for you and your friend, but to the vast majority of people, it isn't.

The difference between us is that while you may think this is a big enough issue to openly complain about it, it's in reality such a non-issue that I can just ignore it. It took me no extra time to install the game from Discord than it would have from here. I simply just don't care enough to take a stand one way or the other.

I'll give you your links though, I'll put them on your profile because I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to post them here.

Days
To start, YouTuber made games are completely different. I think it sucks that they're usually pay walled, but that's a different story than games like this that are made by fans for fans. There are plenty of games that use a Discord server to keep everything in one spot. The developers did not have to make this game, nor did they have to put it out for people to play. They did it for free, for no reason other than love for the series. To me, it feels like it's in bad taste to complain about it for such a miniscule reason. This may be an issue for you and your friend, but to the vast majority of people, it isn't.

The difference between us is that while you may think this is a big enough issue to openly complain about it, it's in reality such a non-issue that I can just ignore it. It took me no extra time to install the game from Discord than it would have from here. I simply just don't care enough to take a stand one way or the other.

I'll give you your links though, I'll put them on your profile because I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to post them here.

I doubt Too Many Emeralds is paywalled because he managed to grab a 3ds .cia file, people getting paid access tend not to make those. If only there was a way to convert a .gba file in .cia form back to .gba...

It's also bad because discord can go down, or shut down the "server" for any reason. "Keeping it in one place" is quite literally "putting all your eggs in one basket", and my friend is building a homeserver with redundancy for that exact reason, to make sure things don't become lost.

Discord is a black hole for information. Guides, bug-resolving, all of that, can become lost temporarily or permanently, at any time, for any reason. Not making alternative, open accessibility is the height of folly and trust in a multi-million dollar company that does not care about its users, no matter what the PR team says. Always split your eggs in several baskets, always make the copy of the baskets accessible, so there are more baskets with eggs, and everything can be restored.

High accessibility means high chance of preservation. Such is logic.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I doubt Too Many Emeralds is paywalled because he managed to grab a 3ds .cia file, people getting paid access tend not to make those. If only there was a way to convert a .gba file in .cia form back to .gba...

It's also bad because discord can go down, or shut down the "server" for any reason. "Keeping it in one place" is quite literally "putting all your eggs in one basket", and my friend is building a homeserver with redundancy for that exact reason, to make sure things don't become lost.

Discord is a black hole for information. Guides, bug-resolving, all of that, can become lost temporarily or permanently, at any time, for any reason. Not making alternative, open accessibility is the height of folly and trust in a multi-million dollar company that does not care about its users, no matter what the PR team says. Always split your eggs in several baskets, always make the copy of the baskets accessible, so there are more baskets with eggs, and everything can be restored.

High accessibility means high chance of preservation. Such is logic.

I lost my train of thought while typing the initial part, I meant to include Patreon in there as that's where the paywalling of custom content happens.

For the record, I agree with the general concept that this stuff should be more accessible. It just comes down to a differing way of looking at things. I'm used to things being devoured by the void of the internet so it doesn't really affect me much anymore. I can't even put a number on how many times I've tried to download an old game or rom hack and the only accessible link is dead. It's less trust in Discord as a company and more that there are many examples of it being a great resource for things like this. Stalker Gamma for example, would be nearly impossible to play if it weren't for the Discord with it's install guide and quick access to help. Either way though, I sent those links. If you need anything else, let me know.

Days
I lost my train of thought while typing the initial part, I meant to include Patreon in there as that's where the paywalling of custom content happens.

For the record, I agree with the general concept that this stuff should be more accessible. It just comes down to a differing way of looking at things. I'm used to things being devoured by the void of the internet so it doesn't really affect me much anymore. I can't even put a number on how many times I've tried to download an old game or rom hack and the only accessible link is dead. It's less trust in Discord as a company and more that there are many examples of it being a great resource for things like this. Stalker Gamma for example, would be nearly impossible to play if it weren't for the Discord with it's install guide and quick access to help. Either way though, I sent those links. If you need anything else, let me know.

Nope, only thing I have to add now is that rentry, pastebin, and a tonne of other clones exist, as well as imageboards and hey, forums aren't bad at all (which is why I'm willing to make an account here), but goodness gracious are people lazy and cheapskates. Didn't cost my friend much time nor money to spin up a basic forum (To prove a point... To someone at the cloverfields... It was a cPanel type deal.), and he didn't even use the cheapest available, he was using a Norwegian domain, with servers located in Norway! Not exactly cheap.

Also, now that I did a little digging into the launcher files and all, for anyone whose link is lost and can't find my friend, try searching "infinitefusion github" and with the correct digging you should be able to find the launcher, at least.
Also, was it so hard to just release the github link the .bat file calls for in the OP?

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Is it just me or does randomized mode give mostly the same encounters on most routes? Because I'm just outside of Cerulean City and I've seen so many of the same Pokemon like Marill, Sandile, Shinx, etc.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
I'm having an error with one of the quests in Celadon. I keep trying to talk to the old lady inside the hotel, but she won't give me the quest. I think it's because I already went inside the Lavender Town cave area, thus finishing the quest before ever accepting it. Is there any way to fix that that doesn't involve reloading old saves?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Celadon City, on top of the celadon condominums building. It's only there once you've defeated Giovanni in the sewers.

If you have RPG Maker XP, you could import the game's data into a new project and edit it as much as you like.

OMG HOW!? how do you do that?

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
Discord is the modern Yahoo. Everyone uses it because it's cool, not because it's good, practical, or even remotely sensible to do so.

So yeah, I already found other places to download this game from. Won't tell where, but your desire to be a "cool kid" who's only in Discord will just force people to find other means to get your game, in places you have no control upon. Good job encouraging that, good luck hunting down whoever of your "trusted" Discord scumbags continues to leak updates out of that black hole of information you so love.

And no, deleting this comment like you deleted the last one doesn't make you any less of a fool. ;)

Discord dl link is just out of convenience. You can download the launcher directly from the github too https://github.com/DrapNard/InfiniteFusion-Launcher/releases
I wouldn't dowload anything from these shady reuploader websites unless you want viruses on your computer...

Also I have no control on the comments in this thread, only the site's admins do so they're probably the ones who have been deleting your comments (which doesn't strike me as especially surprising considering your tone, but that's none of my business)

Milofiktri

Banned
Days
F_JisL5acAAZRRa

Days
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Hi, I had a problem with the game, I tried everything to solve it, even starting a new game but nothing works, I attach a couple of screenshots of the problem.

Thank you very much in advance, I hope you can help me :(

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 9

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I can no longer just press the speed up button to keep permanent speed up on the game. I have to hold the button down. Was that purposely changed or did I mess something up?

Back