• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New User Working On a ROM

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2013
    I'm new to the site, and checking it out. It seems to have a lot threads relating to ROMS, so it seemed like a good idea to look through it.

Since you can't post the links to ROMs (one of the new rules, and I don't make them, although I have a bad habit of breaking them lol), I won't be linking the end product anytime on here, although I will be looking for tips on things to do with it. Some of the things I'm working on (and can do) are rewriting and recreating the Pokedex (I'm not very good at making sprites, so when I have more of that done with the new fakemon, I'll post the suggestions for what I'm looking for if that's not against the rules by that time), remaking the routes (I have the first two completely redone, holding no resemblance to the originals from Fire Red), and making the gym leaders, trainers, and elite four harder (as if not being able to recognize the fakemon used wouldn't make it hard enough). I'm looking at some of the topics on here, such as "What annoys you about Hacks", "How Can Leveling be made Easier", and "Hacking gone Wrong"  for thins to avoid doing and tips for ideas to try. Any suggestions for sites and links on the forums to look at would be appreciated.

Also, if anybody knows of any skilled spriters, I'd like to know them. I'm not great at making sprites, so some help from them will almost always be of use.

I am trying to learn how to make new trainers, areas, and dialogue, and plan on throwing it in for the final product.
    [/B]

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Actually, most of those rules you see there aren't really new. The higher staff members just figured enough rules had been added recently, and it was high time for a new thread with everything up-to-date. In fact, the rule against linking to full ROM downloads has been here for a looooong time. We don't allow linking to anything illegal, to be honest.

You are, however, free to make a patch of your hacked ROM file and distribute that. As it only contains your changes, it has no copyrighted material. :D

Any who, looks like you've got your work cut out for ya there, Sythe_Lord. Glad you're lookin' around at the various resources available over in the Emulation board. I think you'll find the folks over there will be veeeery helpful in helping you become an even better hacker. But let's make sure the bulk of your project discussions stay in there, as we don't want your intro to get off-topic.

So, got any other interests in the Pokémon world, or is hacking pretty much it? :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2013
    You are, however, free to make a patch of your hacked ROM file and distribute that. As it only contains your changes, it has no copyrighted material. :D

Great, just to figure out how to make the changes into a patch. Shouldn't be to hard once I find out though.

So, got any other interests in the Pokémon world, or is hacking pretty much it? :P

I've also been trying to get into competitive battling. Just a matter of finding a reliable simulator to try it out with. I've worked with shoddy, but the name of it is pretty descriptive of how it works.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Great, just to figure out how to make the changes into a patch. Shouldn't be to hard once I find out though.

I've also been trying to get into competitive battling. Just a matter of finding a reliable simulator to try it out with. I've worked with shoddy, but the name of it is pretty descriptive of how it works.

Welcome to the community :3 Have fun and read the rules, reading some of your posts in here you all ready have :3 Good person.

Competitive battle hmm? Well we have the S&M I think which is mainly devoted to competitive battling:D There's an online simulator called "Pokemon Online"

Which is better than shoddy :'3 Go over to S&M or the Battle Stadium and there should be links to download it and what to do, PC even has its own channel there

Back