• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Years Capture Photography Contest [NYE THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

New Years Capture Photography Contest

Huge thank you to Forever for the CSS!

Do you think you're an average photographer? Or a really good one? Show off your skills here in the Christmas photography contest! Winners of each round will recieve an emblem, as well as the participants.

We'll only have one round due to the time the event is going ahead. You can submit pictures themed around Christmas or New Year, it is up to you.

Round #1: 29th & 1st. Judging occurs on the 2nd.

Rules

→ You have to take the photo. Nobody else is allowed to take it for you.
    → You may edit your photos, however, if you're editing, post the original stock too.
    → You can show a photo you've taken at any point in your life, as long as it matches the theme.
    → Please put photos over 900px x 800px in spoilers.
    → Have fun!

What are the rounds?

Round #1: Christmas & Celebration​

For this round, all you need to do is take a photo of something related to Christmas. This could be a toy santa, a snow dome, a candy cane, anything really that reminds people of Christmas. As well as this, you can center your photo around New Year with the theme celebration. Nothing to stop you from getting that camera out when the partying kicks off. Remember, anyone can enter this round.

Photos?

Photo - Username - Pixels

Example / Forever / 10px x 10px

Good luck!

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
    Years
    Spoiler:
    - PKMN Trainer Alison (Photobucket-EmberDaDragon)

While taking the decorations off my Christmas Tree, I thought the tinsel looked nice so I took a photo of it. (Hopefully I uploaded it in time.)

Years
    PLEASE NOTE!

The event has slightly changed to allow for you to have more time to choose your entry. There is only one round now and the theme is Christmas OR New Years (Celebration).

Sorry for this but Me and Forever thought this would be the best way to allow for more time.

The final submission date is the 1ST JANUARY!

PKMN Trainer Alison - If you would like to choose a different picture or want more time, that is fine. Just remove your picture from the spoiler. If you are happy with it, then good luck =]

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I've been shooting film lately and don't have the processed or scanned atm, not sure if there's anything that'd fit this category, so I'll go out and shoot some digital with this in mind before the deadline.

Years
    I've been shooting film lately and don't have the processed or scanned atm, not sure if there's anything that'd fit this category, so I'll go out and shoot some digital with this in mind before the deadline.

I am sure you can come across something that fits the categories. =]

Good luck everyone.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018

- digi-kun - 800 x 600 [Original Stock]

Well, my favorite Christmas/New Years was my one and only visit to Disney World last year (or two). The way they decorated the castle for the Christmas-time was great, and the fact that they finished the night with fireworks made it an amazing experience (didn't do fireworks because i thought it looks a lot more majestic this way).

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years

Bluerang1 - 800px × 389px

Not close enough to firework + Zoomed in phone camera + Forgot to put it on 5mpx which would have prolly made the quality better = Quite fail picture, sorry :(

Years
    Awesome. I have two images that (I think) look good. Can I use both and the judges choose between which one looks better?

I am afraid not.
    You have to select one picture that falls under one of the two themes.

I will close the contest tomorrow afternoon once I get in contact with Nica.

Years
    Well well, the contest is now over! I would just like to thank everyone who entered on mine and Forever's behalf. The results will be posted soon by the wonderful Forever!.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hiiiii guys /first post in this thread lol

The Results

The winner is...

digi-kun!

Second place goes to...

Comic Tragedy

And finally third place...

Team Fail

Everyone else will recieve participation emblems too. Congrats guys, your photos were awesome :)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Hiiiii guys /first post in this thread lol

The Results

The winner is...

digi-kun!

Second place goes to...

Comic Tragedy

And finally third place...

Team Fail

Everyone else will recieve participation emblems too. Congrats guys, your photos were awesome :)

Yay! Though I really wish we got more participants for this one. There definitely were some nice pictures in here though that I'm stealing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back