• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New York launch event allowing fans to get the games early

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    On Saturday 5th of March from 3pm to 6pm, in the Nintendo World store in New York in America, a celebration of the launch of the games is to take place and has a variety of things to do while you visit including game kiosks and collections of various important artwork of the games. This celebration also allows for the purchase of the games ahead of the release date and even gives access to the Liberty Pass item prior to the WiFi event. The Liberty Pass gives you access to Liberty Island where Victini dwells

- Serebii

Apparently if you go back on the 6th you can also have battles with the Deerling and other things. But yeah... lucky. ;___; Makes sense that it's only in New York, though. XD

I'm kind of interested in knowing what types of artwork there is, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Apparently if you go back on the 6th you can also have battles with the employees and other things. But yeah... lucky. ;___; Makes sense that it's only in New York, though. XD

I'm kind of interested in knowing what types of artwork there is, though.

Hmm... didn't know they'd throw this a day early. Too bad I preordered at GameStop, though D:

But given as I am going to be going to Nintendo World on the 6th, I might as well report about everything that's going on.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Hmm... didn't know they'd throw this a day early. Too bad I preordered at GameStop, though D:

But given as I am going to be going to Nintendo World on the 6th, I might as well report about everything that's going on.

I think you can cancel pre orders though, not too sure though.

I saw that on Serebii, and I think New Yorkers are really lucky, though I would probably have too much pride to go if I were in NY anyway XD. I would LOVE to battle some employees though ;____;

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    For me, I throw pride right out the window when I attend ANY launch event. The thing I've learned from the Platinum and HG/SS launch events is that for every little kid that's there with his or her parents, there's at least one teenage or adult fan to complement it. It all balances out.

I'm now getting really excited about going. Maybe I could cancel my preorder... but then I'd need to find time to go on Saturday.

Years
  • I would love to live in NY, they are so lucky. I don't want to only get to play my pokemon for 1 day then have to go to school! i want 2 whole days to play!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    I would love to live in NY, they are so lucky. I don't want to only get to play my pokemon for 1 day then have to go to school! i want 2 whole days to play!

haha here in Louisiana we have Mardi Gras so we get 3 days to play before school
    New York launch event allowing fans to get the games early

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I wish they'd come to some other cities than NY, like San Francisco, etc. :/

arceus123shiny

pkmn 4ever
    Years
  • hi! yah I heard about that, good thing I preordered both games and paid off the whole price on b/w that way I dont have 2 pay when they come out. :D

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Why doesnt seatle-area get some love, NoA is there for sake, and its closer :P
    There was the mall but.. I dident go =o.

Anyways, this is quite cool, even though london gets the meet and greet deal.
    Their loading these games with pre-events though

Too bad I cant go Hardly been out of town, never been out of state cept to a lil bit in oregon but this is offtopic New Yorkers or people who are going, have fun! ;)

Years
  • Going to the early launch event in Nintendo World

Hey guys, I'm going to the early launch event at Nintendo World in time square since I'm from NY. I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in seeing tours of it and what not and the hundreds of people waiting to buy B/W?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey guys, I'm going to the early launch event at Nintendo World in time square since I'm from NY. I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in seeing tours of it and what not and the hundreds of people waiting to buy B/W?

Seems you missed the thread right below yours. :( Merged it, anyway!

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • DANG IT! I have an interview in NYC today and am planning on visiting Nintendo World.

The terrible thing is is that I had the option of having my interview either today or next Saturday, the 5th. I chose today. ;~;

I should have chosen the 5th! Arghhhhhh D:<

Oh well =/ *Sigh* Have fun, you New Yorkers

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Ugh, if only I had the opportunity to make a road trip!!! Well, I'd spend ten hours round trip to have the game just a few hours early....maybe I'll just wait..... >__>

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Its in New York simply because the Japanese see it as a beacon of American culture

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • Simply put, I'm jealous. As much as I'd love to go I just will not pay for gas for my truck (8mpg). Ouch.

Everyone who is there or going, take pictures and keep me in mind <3

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's quite a shame that I'm not in New York to grab opportunities like this.

Y'know, New York is not only lucky for getting the kinda stuff like this, but also for being pretty much the go-to city when it comes to pretty much everything pokemon. I mean, I think NY even has it's own Pokemon center, so I guess it'd be reasonable to have a promotion of pokemon there.

Now if only Florida had things like this...

It's no longer a Pokemon Center sadly, it's a Nintendo Store or whatever it's called. Though, they do have a big section for Pokemon if I'm not mistaking.

Even though it's only one day in advance... it's still something I wish I could attend to get it early haha. Getting anything in advance is always great.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I'm going and I can't wait. I could imagine it being crowded so I'll get there ridiculously early. I live on the border between long island and queens soooo yea I'm going to have to go really early. ^_^

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    That must be nice for New Yorkers, although it seems a bit unfair. They should do more events across the U.S seeing as they're having such a comparatively late release date.

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
  • I agree with this; it's not fair for people to be able to get the game early just because they are in New York. I mean, if they can release the game one day earlier, just do it across the whole country! :)

Back