• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Zealand Nationals - THIS WEEKEND (Sat 19th-Sun 20th June, 2010)

DJ Surge-N

Can I get a Spinda?
    Years
    Hey everyone,

I wasn't so sure where to put this so I thought it would be appropriate to put this here. I'm not even sure if we're allowed to give this sort of news, but I thought this might be some good information for those living in Auckland, New Zealand and surrounding areas:

Just giving you all a heads up that THIS COMING WEEKEND is the official Pokemon TCG Nationals OP event, taking place at 545 Parnell Road (Parnell Conference Center) in Auckland, New Zealand.

It's a TWO DAY event. You don't have to come to both, however if you want to be considered for World Championships you must come to the first day (Saturday 19th) and take part in the main event.

I'm passing this information on directly from the NZ/AUS representative of POP who I've been in contact with over the past few months, he arrives in Auckland tomorrow morning. I can exclusively release to you the timetabling information regarding events on both days: Day 1 is the main event; Day 2 are side events.

These details may change slightly, but they're confirmed for now and so you'll get a decent idea...

SATURDAY 19TH JUNE: MAIN EVENT

8am-8:45am: Room set up by judge team
    9am-9:45am: Player registration, meeting (players will receive a first round loss if late)

10am: Round 1 begins
    11am: Round 2 begins
    12pm: Round 3 begins

12:45pm-1:25pm: Lunch Break

1:30pm: Round 4 begins
    2:30pm: Round 5 begins
    3:30pm: Round 6 begins
    4:30pm: Conclusion of day 1/Awarding of prizes (depending on numbers attending)

SUNDAY 20TH JUNE: SIDE EVENTS

9:30am-9:45am: Room set up by judge team

10am: Battle Roads (Sponsored by Pokemon USA)

2pm: Sealed Event (Sponsored by Vagabond)

4pm: DS Battle (Sponsored by Nintendo)

Please note that prize denominations for the SIDE EVENTS have yet to be confirmed, but it's set to be fairly awesome (including a DSi giveaway), but the prize denominations for the MAIN EVENT are listed below:

1st Place - 1 Booster Box (36 packs)
    2nd Place - 18 packs
    3rd-4th Place - 9 packs
    5th-8th Place - 4 packs

Invitations to the World Championships will be given to 1st and 2nd place winners.

That's all the information I have for now, but NZ TCG fans, let's make this weekend a big one. I'll update as I find out more but hope that any NZers on this forum will consider it - entry is FREE in the most part, so come and join!

I've published more details over on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/PokeCollection/109517762399903

You can also check it out on my YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/pokecollection

Hope to see you guys there!

Back