• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

newest banners

parkwater

Getting serious about battling
    Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    Hi welcome to my Newst Banners Gallery

Im sorta new to the whole banners thing still and lately i have been doing Gimp and i thought i would get some imput on the newest things i did or have done
    As of right now there are 21 banners

So plz fill free to post a comment and if you want me to make you one
    just tell me

what pokemon(s) up to 3
    and what kinda still you would want

Vintagey
    Spoiler:

Mosic
    Spoiler:

Shiny Background
    Spoiler:

Rounded Corners
    Spoiler:

Outer Glow
    Spoiler:

Random (not grouped in with the others
    Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Well, since your and rockey's tags/banners share pretty much the same stuff, my piece of advise to you wouldn't really be different from what it was for rockey. Instead of writing a whole new post, I thought I'd just quote my post from there instead. :P

Derozio said:
    I'd suggest you check this thread out first. It'll help you get a grasp of what a good tag is made up of. Since all the basic aspects are explained in a really easy way in the thread, I'm sure it'll be helpful. Once you're done reading that, you should go and read up some tutorials. You can try reading the ones which are available in the thread I linked you to or you can go for sites like signaturestop. They've got some pretty amazing tutorials there.

From your tags, I can see that you're pretty new to Gfx. Since what I used to do when I just started out was look at the tutorials and works of some other people, it will probably be good for you too. They'll surely help you in getting a hang of what to do and what not to. I never really 'followed' any tutorial so I can't say if following everything a tutorial says will be helpful to you or not...but yeah, even going through/reading a tutorial will help you. Once you think you're up for it, go for what keoni said and make a tag independently.

As for stocks, if what you're looking for is anime based stocks, I'd suggest you go for safebooru. Its got a nice range of stocks and some of them are pretty awesome. If you wanna go for 'real life' stocks, I'd suggest that you download some of the stock packs from here. Some REALLY nice stocks there.

But one thing about your works are different - Rockey's banner mostly comprise of tags which share the same basic characteristics. Some of your banners...have different backgrounds. Oh and it seems like you save most of your works in the '.jpg' format. Avoid that as much as you can. '.png' files are much better being high quality and all. ;]

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
    These are really good compared to mine lol. I like them but you should try and do different stuff (unlike me but that is because I don't know how to do effects like you do). Other than that it looks good :)

Back