• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NHL Playoff matchups set

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    For anyone that actually cares about hockey >.<

So with the completion of tonight's games, the playoff matchups are set:

Western Conference

#1 San Jose Sharks vs. #8 Colorado Avalanche
    #2 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #7 Nashville Predators
    #3 Vancouver Canucks vs. #6 Los Angeles Kings
    #4 Phoenix Coyotes vs. #5 Detroit Red Wings

Easter Conference

#1 Washington Capitals vs. #7 Montreal Canadians
    #2 New Jersey Devils vs. #8 Philadelphia Flyers
    #3 Buffalo Sabres vs. #6 Boston Bruins
    #4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Ottawa Senators

What does everyone think? Personally I'm a big NJ Devils fan so I'll be rooting for them all the way \o/

Ballzie

Get your hand off my Pokéballs
    Years
    I'm really not sure who I'm pulling for ... but I will say that Phoenix and Colorado really surprise me this year. So, I hope they do well. I don't know too much about the Eastern Conference (am a Blues fan), but I did see the St. Louis Blues beat the Rangers and Devils last month! ^^ On paper, the odds are the Capitals will pull it off this year ... but they play the games for a reason.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    I'm not a fan of the New York Rangers, but their loss to the Flyers was kind of disappointing. The last game of the season for both of them deciding who will advance to the playoffs and it was decided on an overtime shootout. I would have rather seen another period.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    As a Rangers fan, it was sad to watch them lose in a SO. Thankfully we have the Yankees.

Anyway, last year I rooted for the Red Wings to win the Cup against the Penguins but they're not in this it seems so i don't really know who to choose. I'm rooting for the Coyotes since they were on the verge of bankruptcy last year. It's good to see them in the playoffs this year.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    As a Rangers fan, it was sad to watch them lose in a SO. Thankfully we have the Yankees.

Anyway, last year I rooted for the Red Wings to win the Cup against the Penguins but they're not in this it seems so i don't really know who to choose. I'm rooting for the Coyotes since they were on the verge of bankruptcy last year. It's good to see them in the playoffs this year.

What do you mean not in it? The Red Wings are 5th seed in the Western Conference

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I watched the reply of the Flyers vs. Rangers game and ooooooh boy was it intense. It'll be an interesting match-up with New Jersey since the Devils are only 1-5 against them this season >.>

Ah well, I have hope. The playoffs is a whole different....ballgame.

SUTANRII

The New Guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    I'm rooting for the Penguins. I can't lie though, the Capitals have had a damn good season, but I know the Penguins will go in and crush them (unlike in some matches in the season). Should be good, and better to the underdogs if they pull off big wins.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    What's everyone's thoughts after night 2? Personally I'm thrilled that my Canucks pulled it out in Overtime tonight!!

Quite a bit of first game upsets (though I predicted and still predict that Colorado will pull off the "upset" against th Sharks). Obviously there's lots of hockey to be played, but you want to set the tone of the series in game one and so far the tone is set against the favourites...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Thank god NJ got the win tonight. Just watched the reply on NHL.com and it was so freakin intense. If they had gone done 2-0 going back to Philly I would not have been very confident =/

And Nashville getting the win of Chicago is stunning. That'll be an interesting series now.

Years
    What does everyone think? Personally I'm a big NJ Devils fan so I'll be rooting for them all the way \o/

Nice to see another Devils fan on here. I can't stand living around Vancouver where everyone cheers for the Canucks, because I can't stand them (sorry Waffle-San!) Anyways, it was nice to see the Devils pick up the win tonight, because it would have been tough heading into Philly down 2-0. I wish Marty would have taken the shot at the empty net when he had the opportunity with about 40 seconds left, but a win's a win!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    How about the Caps win over Montreal last night? What a crazy game, I can't believe Montreal couldn't hold on up 4-1 >.>

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    And then they had a 5-4 lead until a tripping penalty by Pouliot...than we all know what happened. The Canadiens are as good as done.

No offense Brendino, I'm surrounded by Flames fans so I know what it's like to be the odd one out. I hope your Devils win, mainly because I hate the Flyers. Carcillo+Pronger on the same team=Hatred.

If I'm in the east right now, I'm scared to face the Pens, I mean Crosby's in a class of two in the NHL but right not he's unstoppable.

Besides that I hope the NHL can follow their own rules Cough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50Sp25JLqM&feature=player_embedded Cough

Back