• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nice post, I like it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Admittedly, I was really sceptical of adding likes to PC when it was first suggested. I didn't think it was needed and didn't see the point so I'm really surprised at how much I've come to love the system. It's so nice to be able to publicly show my appreciation for a post without having to reply--to come up with some response to the thread when all I want to do is give a quick kudos. I don't really notice or care much when any of my posts get liked but I do appreciate the quick feedback and it can be kind of fun trying to figure out as I post whether or not it'll be one that triggers people to hit the button. (More often than not, I find it's posts that I didn't really expect to get any attention that seem to be liked the most. I'm usually pretty surprised to log in and find like notifications on certain posts.)

I am glad there is no negative aspect to the system, though. I think if there is ever a reason to dislike the post, it makes a lot more sense to either leave a private message (PM or post comment) or actually reply to the post to rebut or argue against the content.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • I like (no pun intended) this idea because it shows when people find your post funny, entertaining, interesting, or insightful. I personally won't really bother liking posts too often (that's just me) but it's cool to have it there. Besides, what harm could it bring anyways?

Years
  • I like the likes system, because I'm a very lazy poster on here and can just like things instead of posting. Of course I'm hoping that there will always be someone who posts an opinion I agree with so I can just like it. I especially find it useful in the Debates forum since I'm not good at debating myself and would probably overreact at some statements being posted so I just lay back and click 'like' on the statements I agree with.

Back