• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ninetailes?

pokeguy76

The Ultimate Cleric
    Years
    I can't seem to find a good moveset for my ninetailes.
    I can't put a tactic into it or somekind of pattern that makes sense.
    Can someone help me please, it isn't for a team , just for one single pokemon: ninetailes @Flashfire

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Flamethrower or Fire Blast. No point in having both. Ninetails is one of those rare exceptions where I actually prefer the less accurate/stronger base power Fire Blast, but it's up to you.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    It halves the enemy's attack. You're mad if you don't keep it. And it's not like there are many other options for her.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years

ninetales is a great pokemon.
    here's the moves mine has

Ninetales
    @lax insence / left overs
    roar
    will-o-wisp
    heat wave (I just like the name and it's stronger than flamethrower)
    safeguard / confuse ray

if you want heat wave, breed it with a torkoal or however you spell that things name..., that turtle thing has to be at least lv, 49
    anyway, good luck

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Xilion_Sword90 said:
    Ninetails is one of the best Pyroshufflers around:

Ninetails@Chesto Berry
    Rest
    Flamethrower
    Will-0-Wisp
    Roar

Burn then Roar, Burn then Roar, Burn then...You can Burn all the ennemy's Pokemon like this
    Ninetales really can't last that long to roar as well...

As for Heat Wave, it's only true that it's better than flamethrower only in 2vs2. In 1vs1, why sacrifice 10% accuracy with 5 PP just for 5 power?

Ninetales [spd or sp.def + / atk -] @ chesto berry
    EV: Sp.def and Spd
    -flamethrower
    -will o wisp
    -rest
    -confuse ray

When someone's burnt and confuse, they'll switch by themselves without the roar. Confuse ray gives more protection for Ninetales as well. Use flamethrower since Ninetales is not meant to kill but to force the opponent to switch for pyroshuffling. Flamethrower is used only to put on extra pressure.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Xilion_Sword90 said:
    Burn lowers the opponent's Attack. Confusion COUNTS on the opponent's Attck...
    The point of confuse is not about the opponent's damage hitting itself. It's the opponent 'skipping a turn' that counts.

Dig double earthquake's attack power too... and name a team out there that doesn't have earthquake.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Dig was useful in R/B/Y, where it had the same crazy attack power as Earthquake. Now though, what with its 40 point strength reduction and double weakness to 'Quake, it's pretty terrible.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Xilion_Sword90 said:
    Flygon is the only good Fly/Dig Pokemon now...
    When there's earthquake for Flygon to use, why would you want to use dig... unless Flygon is stalling but there's lack of moves to make Flygon a staller (only toxic and that's not exactly enough)

Back