• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ninjask help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Hi all,

I want to ev train my Ninjask in preperation for the E4. I know it's overkill, but I want to do it anyway!

What should I train him in?

Also, I'm playing on sapphire, and the ev-reducing berries don't seem to work. Do they? Or is it only in emerald? Because if that's true, he's already maxed out. =(

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
    I believe the EV reducing berries only work in Emerald. I'm not entirely sure though...
    And one more thing, in my opinion, the best spread for
    Ninjask help
    is: EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 184 Def / 24 Spe

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Oh, ok. Does anyone have a definite idea for whether or not ev reducing berries work in sapphire?

*waits for shanecdavis*

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The Happiness berries only work in Emerald.

Also, it is hard to suggest an EV spread without knowing exactly how you want to use it. Is it part of a team? Are you going solo with it? Do you want to go Baton Pass or Choice Band or Swords Dance?

Baton Pass
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Choice Band / Swords Dance
    252 Atk / 60 Def / 196 Spd

I would advise against investing a lot of EVs into HP or the defenses since they are so low that it will make little difference.

Hopefully your Ninjask is either Adamant or Jolly as well.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    I was going to use him alone, but now that I can't re-train him with evs, maybe I'll breed for a better one. He's lonely, BTW.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    I know this isn't really related, but did you know that if you evolve Nincada with a Free Slot in the Party, you get a Shedinja, that with its almost-immortality can be a big help for you in the W5... The "Perfect" Tank!

Also, if you give all of the EV's to the Nincada, it will copy them, along with the Moves it knows when the evolution is finished... Nincada also learns False Swipe on lvl 25

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Yes, I did know that, and I did it by accident ingame. Now Shedninja is my flasher.

Should I teach Ninjask Slash or Aerial Ace for the E4?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Go for Aerial Ace because of STAB. Unless your moveset relies on CH, then go with Slash. Aerial Ace is a good move to go for if it is in in-game team, never misses!

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    CH? What's that?

Does Flying do .5 damage to dragons? Because without Aerial Ace, I can't beat Phoebe, but with it, the dragon dude will be much harder.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    CH = Critical Hit (I will assume that is what he meant)

NEVER use Normal attacks (not called Quick Attack) on Non-Normal Pokemon. There is ALWAYS a better move.

No, Flying is not .5x against Dragon, and Flying is 1x against Dragon/Flying too.

This is the moveset I would suggest:

Ninjask @ Leftovers / Leichi Berry
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 60 Def / 196 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Substitute / Shadow Ball
    - Silver Wind / Shadow Ball
    - Swords Dance / Shadow Ball

Pretty straight-forward physical attacker. I prefer SubDance, mainly because the pathetic AI will invariably try a non-attacking move so that Sub can stick so you can get a Dance in. After that it is sweep time with either two juiced up STAB attacks or one STAB and Shadow Ball. Handles most things you will find in-game.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    mainly because the pathetic AI will invariably try a non-attacking move so that Sub can stick so you can get a Dance in
    Then again, the AI will use a non-attacking move when you use dance, saving you...
    Sub helps, but against pathetic AI, no thanks. The stronger Pokemon often start with Protect (such as Shelgon - easy Drake kill!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back