• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Nintendo eShop Overload?

TyRobot

Thanks Obamasnow!
Years
  • Based on the link below, it seems like Nintendo has blamed the eShop troubles on the amount of new 3DS and Wii U systems during the holiday season: https://www.polygon.com/2013/12/26/5245234/nintendo-network-outages-esho-nintendo-network-id-nnid

I know most of us are super excited that it is Pokemon Bank Eve, but will this be resolved in time? If their networks are overloaded right now...just imagine when we all try to download the Pokemon Bank application. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what are your thoughts?

I'll be killing time at the Battle Maison until it comes out... :)

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I think that Nintendo should have been better prepared for the increase in sales of the Wii U and 3DS. They are the company that manufactures the consoles, they should be aware of how many machines they put out there, and thus how many machines the network should be able to support. That's just incompetence on their part, that's all there is.

I have other games to play (I just restarted Gen 5... again :) ) , so I'll wait until all this is resolved.

The only reason I'm just slightly irritated and not outright furious is because I haven't started paying for Pokémon Bank yet and don't need to download a game.

TyRobot

Thanks Obamasnow!
    Years
  • Yeah, I understand where both of you are coming from...and it is just very annoying. I REALLY want to download Pokemon Bank as soon as it is released here. I was amazed at how smooth the actual launch of X and Y went on the eShop. Hopefully, it is fixed soon...

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I think that Nintendo should have been better prepared for the increase in sales of the Wii U and 3DS. They are the company that manufactures the consoles, they should be aware of how many machines they put out there, and thus how many machines the network should be able to support. That's just incompetence on their part, that's all there is.

I have other games to play (I just restarted Gen 5... again :) ) , so I'll wait until all this is resolved.

The only reason I'm just slightly irritated and not outright furious is because I haven't started paying for Pokémon Bank yet and don't need to download a game.

I would have to agree with you there, Nintendo should have been more prepared.

This backup is effecting more than pokebank though, i cannot get the patches to play online with my new ds. Sadly, all we can do is wait.

I think il just play old games till pokebank comes out, hopefully this is resolved soon

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    The bad thing is, that as always japan has gotten it first and, in this case, first for a loooong time. So I dont recommend making online battles, they might have op pokemon.....

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    There really isn't qny way to tell how many families own the system, even if you just take November and December into account, you cannot calculate people who may have bought the systems back in July or earlier. Even though you have a rough guess at how many may be out there, there is no way to tell what kind of stress it can have on a server. This is very common for MMOs so it will not surprise me if we get atleast a week's delay. They are resetting the free use for tge bank to compensate.

Sot back, wait, keep your cool. There won't be any reason to get upset about this.

crimsonskarmory

Alchemist
    Years
  • To be clearer, if you have started paying for Pokebank, you get your lost time back, same for the free trial. Looks like Pokémon was just to popular for their servers =) . I imagine that the whole thing just shut down.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    i was able to get in after not checking yes for eshop notificiations. (i'm not counting all the times it errored out before ever really logging in) but i did find that it was erroring out for me at the final step several times and once i did away with the notifications thing it let me in right after. (coincidence? i think not)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    the pokemon website still lists the 27th as the release date, ive been waiting for a playthrough with tepig as my starter, so its hard it being delayed

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Yeah, I understand where both of you are coming from...and it is just very annoying. I REALLY want to download Pokemon Bank as soon as it is released here. I was amazed at how smooth the actual launch of X and Y went on the eShop. Hopefully, it is fixed soon...

It went smoothly because the vast majority of Pokémon X and Y users bought a physical cartridge. Very few other games came out at the same time and eShop wasn't integrated with Nintendo Network ID.

Years
  • mange to get on today and redeem my eshop card today but is slow. if you keep trying you should be able to get on and download

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I myself cannot get one the shop at all and always get the Error. Had it since last night and have tried every 20 mins after getting home, which was about 2 hours ago. Its not that big of a deal for me since the 30 day trial doesn't start until you download it so I can wait.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2014
    Dunno if its any help but I'm able to get on now after trying yesterday and today, so here's hoping it's on its way back up :]

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Also, a few error codes that pop up, if searched on Nintendo's site, actually state that the error code does not exist in their database, but yes eshop, MiiVerse and many other internet-related apps are unusable, whenever i try to access eshop on my 2DS (get ready for the hate...) i get these "errors" Nintendo's maintanence status site also states the Wii, Wii U and Nintendo DS are having issues...

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Still down for me, when eShop does work it's only for a few clicks and then the errors come up again (I been waiting for the day to get Dewott in my team) - just hope by the time PokeBank starts eShop will be OK.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    One thing I don't get is why would the Pokebank be the same network at the eShop/NNID servers? The Pokemon GTS is still up and running, so shouldn't that have gone down too if all of Nintendo's networks are the same? if the GTS is a different network than the Nintendo eShop, wouldn't the Pokebank be too?

Back