• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Revolution/N5

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Oh my the D-Pad is gone. Is that a huge loss. Has it really been used at all on the GCN? Nope. The majority is all the Control Stick. That doesn't bother me at all.

It's the A and B button loss that irks me. I have heard some slight speculation that the A and B buttons will be replaces with something that you can apply pressure too. Kinda like the GCN L and R buttons. That would be interesting I think. I think I couold see that working. Driving...speed changes depending how far down or how fast you hit the button, in a fighting game the strength of your punch depends on the force you apply to the button, etc. I hope that's the way it's going.

I certainly hope that it's not a touch screen. I can't see that in a controller at all. Voice technology might be present, but hopefully it's something above Mario Party 6 and not the only support.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    Right there she basically condemns the new innovation of the Revolution as a bad idea before the sytem is even made. So yes, she did not "practice what she preached."

frankly, that sort of conservative attitude doesn't run a game company. The make their living coming up with innovations.
    She didn't condemn it, she just said it's risky. Also, note the 'IMO' part- If she thinks it's a risk, then let it be. Since the system isn't released yet, attacking an opinion is risky itself, and also rude.

And the innovations aren't known yet, so whether or not they will make a living on this system is unknown. For all anyone knows, these new 'innovations' might just run it into the ground.

Personally, I think that Nintendo is only focusing on innovations right now, because they can't keep up with Sony's PS3(and it's spectacular cell) and PSP, and Micro$oft's next X-Box. I think that these 'innovations' are their last resort. Just my two cents though- nobody knows what they're really up to.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Brittany said:
    She didn't condemn it, she just said it's risky. Also, note the 'IMO' part- If she thinks it's a risk, then let it be. Since the system isn't released yet, attacking an opinion is risky itself, and also rude.

And the innovations aren't known yet, so whether or not they will make a living on this system is unknown. For all anyone knows, these new 'innovations' might just run it into the ground.

Personally, I think that Nintendo is only focusing on innovations right now, because they can't keep up with Sony's PS3(and it's spectacular cell) and PSP, and Micro$oft's next X-Box. I think that these 'innovations' are their last resort. Just my two cents though- nobody knows what they're really up to.
    System bashing, Brittany. You should know the rules, being a mod. Your opinion, albeit just your opinion, is offensive and an instigation for a heated arguement, most of which end in flaming. You need to be careful about what you say, because if it is offensive people like me who don't approve of such an offense will strike back.

And a suggestion about opinion making: if you truly want to avoid an arguement, be more objective and don't be so biased towards Sony you can't see the forest for the trees. The point of a debate (even though this originally wasn't intended to be.) Is to make them understand your point in a calm mature manner. Not through aggressive use of negative comments.

And attacking an opinion is not rude. It's called debating. If you can't handle a mature debate, you can leave.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    System bashing, Brittany. You should know the rules, being a mod. Your opinion, albeit just your opinion, is offensive and an instigation for a heated arguement, most of which end in flaming. You need to be careful about what you say, because if it is offensive people like me who don't approve of such an offense will strike back.

And a suggestion about opinion making: if you truly want to avoid an arguement, be more objective and don't be so biased towards Sony you can't see the forest for the trees. The point of a debate (even though this originally wasn't intended to be.) Is to make them understand your point in a calm mature manner. Not through aggressive use of negative comments.

And attacking an opinion is not rude. It's called debating. If you can't handle a mature debate, you can leave.
    The reason of why most arguments I'm in end in flaming, is because some people can't accept the fact that their personal preferance isn't shared by all, and can't cease to leave people's personal preferances and opinions alone, and/or let them be.

Nobody here is trying to debate, except for you. Why? Nobody has evidence to back their opinion, let alone disprove or approve another's. This isn't a debate thread, it is just discussing the veiws and opinions on the machine at this point in time.

Unless you're developing Nintendo's next console, you(nor anyone else here) knows anything about their plans, so debating on something non-existant isn't really fun or smart. Just my two cents- but to continue arguing about such a trivial matter(at the moment), is arrogant, and some may consider it rude.

If you want to reply, please do it via PM.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • then frankly, if you don't want to debate don't post an offensive opinion. show some tact for a change.

and the reason why all debates you are in end in flaming is because you push your Sony worship in an offensive and rude manner that is frankly very frustrating. So don't go blaming your short temper on everyone else.

I'll be dropping this issue here, because more than likely I'll be recieving more of that infamous short temper from you. have a nice day.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I think we can get rid of a dual screen console idea. I found this at IGN (don't make a comment. I can't see any way they can mess up a quote).

No. At a June 2004 analyst briefing in Japan, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said: We have no intention of making a two screen console akin to the [Nintendo] DS."

Back