• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Switch Bad WiFi Range

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hello everyone! I have had a Nintendo Switch for about 6 months now and I will soon be buying a lot more games for it.

One things I have noticed is that my Switch has the worst WiFi signal I have ever seen on any device. Even more so than the first DS with a Nintendo WIFI Stick. I have to be within 5 to 10 feet of my router in order for my Switch too play well online. This becomes annoying due to the fact that my router is in another room and isn't possible to move it.

Before you say it is my router or just my connection. Please know this:

Computer - Perfect Connection
Xbox 360 - Perfect Connection
Xbox One - Perfect Connection
PS4 - Perfect Connection
3DS - Perfect Connection
DSi XL - Perfect Connection
DS - Perfect Connection
Smartphones - Perfect Connection.
Switch - No Signal more than 10 feet.

As you can see, everything, but my Switch has an amazing signal int he same exact room. So I don't understand what is wrong.

I have tried changing 1400 to 1500, but there was literally no change. I'd also rather not change anything that may harm everything else's WiFI signal.
I have looked all over Nintendo related sites, but they only look at the Switch and say you have a crap signal and disregard everything else that has a perfect signal.

My speed isn't an issue, just my wifi connection for the Switch. As I don't disconnect when I am on it.

I will be getting Super Smash Bros. Ult. when it comes out. So I'd love to figure out what's wrong with it before then.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm also having this issue.. my WiiU connected fine and I never had any problems. My Switch doesn't want to stay connected. Was wondering if my specific Switch was the issue but I guess it's not.

Last edited:
Back