• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen NO CHAT WHILE PLAYING X/Y? WTF, NINTENDO AND GAMEFREAK?

Years
  • Hey, Pokemon Masters, I have a little problem with X/Y that Nintendo and/or Gamefreak should fix right yesterday.

Did u know there's a chat feature in the PSS? Yeah, ikr? To enable it, you have to disable child protection settings on ur 3DS, but that's easy.

I know what ur thinking. "Yay, I can chat with my friends while playing X/Y!" Well guess what, YOU CAN'T. The game stops while ur chatting, and you have to end the chat to continue playing.

Can anyone tell me what the devs were thinking doing this?

Years
  • The chat is voice based.
    I wasn't sure at first, but when ever I wanna trade or chat with somebody they accept and as fast as they hear my voice they're gone :S weird people

But yeah not being able to continue your game sucks

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Sure it kinda sucks, but hey, thats how it is.
    At least be thankful there is a way to tal to friends, taking a 5min break isnt that bad.
    Plus you can talk while trading and battling, which is pretty awesome

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
    Years
  • Sure it kinda sucks, but hey, thats how it is.
    At least be thankful there is a way to tal to friends, taking a 5min break isnt that bad.
    Plus you can talk while trading and battling, which is pretty awesome

This was a big let down for me and my mate. But we end up having long conversations in trade, usually long after we're done trading haha.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I don't like voice chat much, thus why I don't bother with it in Pokemon games. As Ash493 stated, if you really want to chat while playing there are many other ways to do it. IRC is a REALLY popular text chat system, and with a bunch of free clients for any device, you can chat while playing if you truly wish to.

Back