• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen no ubers should mean nothing over 550 base stat total

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    the tyranitars garchomps salamences deoxyxs used by every single player ruin the individuality of game, and their as uber overpowered as they come

have deoxys or tyranitar or lose to them. Thus they are uber, and not used in my games at least

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Yeah, now the following Pokemon are going to be Uber...

Arceus
    Mewtwo
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Rayquaza
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Slaking
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Regigigas
    Dragonite
    Mew
    Tyranitar
    Salamence
    Metagross
    Latias
    Latios
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Garchomp
    Heatran
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Deoxys [ATTACK]
    Deoxys [DEFENSE]
    Deoxys [SPEED]
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Arcanine

Now, you want Arcanine and Entei to be uber? Yeah, some of these Pokemon really fail.

And this is the main reason why Pokemon tiers are not judged solely upon their stats. Its about potential.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Tiers is never based on stats alone, otherwise fail-pokes like regigigas and slaking would be up there. It takes a lot more to define an uber, stats is only a small part. Other things include movepool, ability, and how badly they overcentralise the game. Most of the pokes you mentioned (Bar garhomp, who is debatable) don't fit uber category.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Tiers is never based on stats alone, otherwise fail-pokes like regigigas and slaking would be up there. It takes a lot more to define an uber, stats is only a small part. Other things include movepool, ability, and how badly they overcentralise the game. Most of the pokes you mentioned (Bar garhomp, who is debatable) don't fit uber category. It honestly sounds like you havent really thought it through, and are just miffed at seeing the same pokemon over and over again. But what can you expet from a tier called overused? Besides, just because nobody else is individual doesnt mean you won't enjoy yourself, just make your own individual team or try out UU or uber where the pokes you dislike don;t exist.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Not everybody use them, and I see plenty of individuality from people who do. As Gofre said, Garchomp is debateable, but none of those other Pkmn are a threat that I would call uber. Teirs based on stats like you suggest would make fail things like Entei uber, but still leave things like Gyarados legal in OU.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008

Arceus
    Mewtwo
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Rayquaza
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Slaking
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Regigigas
    Dragonite
    Mew
    Tyranitar
    Salamence
    Metagross
    Latias
    Latios
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Garchomp
    Heatran
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Deoxys [ATTACK]
    Deoxys [DEFENSE]
    Deoxys [SPEED]
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Arcanine

Now, you want Arcanine and Entei to be uber? Yeah, some of these Pokemon really fail.

And this is the main reason why Pokemon tiers are not judged solely upon their stats. Its about potential.

List is good by me, garchomp is super uber

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

Arceus
    Mewtwo
    Lugia
    Ho-oh
    Rayquaza
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Slaking
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Regigigas
    Dragonite
    Mew
    Tyranitar
    Salamence
    Metagross
    Latias
    Latios
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Garchomp
    Heatran
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Deoxys [ATTACK]
    Deoxys [DEFENSE]
    Deoxys [SPEED]
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Raikou
    Entei
    Suicune
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Arcanine

You should know that Shuckle has the highest Defense and Sp. Def...

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    the tyranitars garchomps salamences deoxyxs used by every single player ruin the individuality of game, and their as uber overpowered as they come

have deoxys or tyranitar or lose to them. Thus they are uber, and not used in my games at least

CAN I JUST ASK A QUESTION WHAT IS "UBER" I NEVER HEARD OF IT PLEASE TELL :D........

Roseliamelia

i heart roselias!!
    Years
    CAN I JUST ASK A QUESTION WHAT IS "UBER" I NEVER HEARD OF IT PLEASE TELL :D........

it means they are too powerful for standard play whether is it's determined by stats and or moveset availability. they are not allowed in standard matches, only in uber matches. and to make it clear, garchomps and tyranitars are not ubers, nor will they ever be -_-
    there are lists of ubers on different sites. smogon is the most helpful :)

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    it means they are too powerful for standard play whether is it's determined by stats and or moveset availability. they are not allowed in standard matches, only in uber matches. and to make it clear, garchomps and tyranitars are not ubers, nor will they ever be -_-
    there are lists of ubers on different sites. smogon is the most helpful :)

SO LIKE THOSE POKEMON YOU CAN'T USE IN BATTLE TOWER ARE THOSE THE UBER POKEMON?:surprised: ........

Roseliamelia

i heart roselias!!
    Years
    hm.. i'm not sure.. i've never been on battle tower. i usually just stick to forum battling -_-
    anyways, go to smogon and type in "ubers" since i can't post links right now, i'm new :(

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    List is good by me, garchomp is super uber

No, Your list fails. There is nothing uber about most of the pokes incorporated into your "system". Heck, some of them aren't even OU quality. To be quite frank, if you think stats are a defining factor in a pokes then you dont seem to me like you'd be the most competant of battlers. Believe me, when teams have been properly constructed and EV trained even garchomp becomes handleable.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I'm going to lock this, since I've banned this guy for a while because of his comments in his own battle thread. If anybody here is unsure of tiers, we have a Tier resourse that you can check out, or just ask in the stickies at the S&M section.

*locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back