• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] No Warp?

Years
  • Hello all, yet another novice scripter here.

I mainly like mapping, so I made a new map out of Pallet Town, but because im a novice at scripting I prefer to stick to/learn from/recycle/alter already existing for the more complex scripts.

So I was trying to see if I could edit the Oak script in Pallet Town where he guides you to his lab and you follow.
    Since my map is different, I was going to have to just change all the movements to the movements that are needed to reach the lab in my map, at least I thought.

Thus, I counted the steps, editted the movements and opened up the game in VBA to test it and it went smooth and the player tagged along just fine to the new position of the lab door.

But as soon as the professor, along with the player, entered the door nothing happened. I was stuck. But I didn't change anything besides the movement?
    Well and I changed the coordinates for setdoorclosed and setdooropened with the new coordinates of the lab door.

So yeah, am I missing anything? How do I make warp work again? Might be really stupid but I just can't get it right.

Script is below.
    All the movements are right, I tested that.
    It just doesn't warp when the door closes.

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, map here so you have an image. Staircase is where the script triggers.
    Spoiler:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
    So I opened the script offset like it was in AdvancedMap and I found that it was totally different and left out a lot of stuff compared to what the actual script was...
    Very stupid me thought it was enough to repoint only everything that was going to be actually changed...
    But apparently because I didn't repoint the goto it started to mess up the whole script as soon as I compiled.
    So nvm I got off my lazy ass and just actually repointed everything so it does no longer mess up the scripts.

Last edited:
    Back