• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noob Deck

Years
    As the title suggests, I don't really know squat about pokemon cards. I have a starter deck, a ton of packs, and have looked some stuff up, but mostly I don't know what I'm doing. I only own some of these cards, so I'm open to a ton of change; this is basically a test to see if I can build something resembling a decent deck. Just be specific with any kind of help because chances are I won't know why something should be changed.

4x Gyarados (Stormfront)
    4x Magikarp (Stormfront)
    4x Mankey (HS Unleashed)
    4x Primape (HS Unleashed)
    4x Smeargle (Secret Wonders)

2x Good Rod
    2x Energy Returner
    4x Expert Belt
    4x Life Herb
    4x Pokeball
    4x Switch

9x Fighting Energy
    11x Water Energy

My strategy is to be very offensive, I guess. I dunno. :\

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
    Sounds like you'd fit right in at the battle centre. I to have some pokemon cards, although I haven't bought any new ones for a long time. I have 12 binders full of them :)

Years
    Alrighty then. N00b decks are my specialty, so to speak. So lets get started!
    First off, if you're running Gyarados, that's all you should run. Gyarados' specialty is using the Felicity's Drawing Supporter card to discard Magikarp, and once you've got 3 in the discard pile, hit for 90 for zero energy! If, however, this seems complicated(and it can be sometimes, although straightforeward) then remove the Gyarados and add in something else.
    Your T/S/S(Trainer/Supporter/Stadium) line really depends on what deck you run. As a general rule, most decks have plenty of Bebe's Search, Roseanne's Research(getting rotated out this September) Pokemon Communication(trainer) and Pokemon Collector(Supporter). Again, depends on the kind of deck you have.
    I could go on and on about the supporters, but for now i'm going to insert some generic ones till you figure out what you want your deck to do.

-4 Poke Ball(the fact that you have to flip for a Pokemon makes this a less than desirable card), + 4 Bebe's Search
    -2 Expert Belt(usually 2 is plenty)
    -4 Life Herb(Again, too flippy) + 4 Poke Healer(does the same thing as Life Herb, without the flip)
    -2 Switch, +2 Warp Point(sometimes you want the opponent to switch out too)

I could offer a lot more ideas, but I'm not really sure what you have for card supplies. I'm just going to assume you have a lot of the new stuff(HGSS and on)
    I'd remove the Gyarados line and add in a 4-4 Lucario line, if for nothing else filler, till you can figure out something better. You can hit for 30 with Bulk Up, then next turn, go on an infinate loop of 60 for 1 energy. Still, not the best card, but it's a stage 1, requires only 1 energy, and is pretty good for a N00b deck.
    I'll suggest more once you make changes and give me some of your imput.
    Happy battling!

Years
    Alrighty then. N00b decks are my specialty, so to speak. So lets get started!
    First off, if you're running Gyarados, that's all you should run. Gyarados' specialty is using the Felicity's Drawing Supporter card to discard Magikarp, and once you've got 3 in the discard pile, hit for 90 for zero energy! If, however, this seems complicated(and it can be sometimes, although straightforeward) then remove the Gyarados and add in something else.
    Your T/S/S(Trainer/Supporter/Stadium) line really depends on what deck you run. As a general rule, most decks have plenty of Bebe's Search, Roseanne's Research(getting rotated out this September) Pokemon Communication(trainer) and Pokemon Collector(Supporter). Again, depends on the kind of deck you have.
    I could go on and on about the supporters, but for now i'm going to insert some generic ones till you figure out what you want your deck to do.

-4 Poke Ball(the fact that you have to flip for a Pokemon makes this a less than desirable card), + 4 Bebe's Search
    -2 Expert Belt(usually 2 is plenty)
    -4 Life Herb(Again, too flippy) + 4 Poke Healer(does the same thing as Life Herb, without the flip)
    -2 Switch, +2 Warp Point(sometimes you want the opponent to switch out too)

I could offer a lot more ideas, but I'm not really sure what you have for card supplies. I'm just going to assume you have a lot of the new stuff(HGSS and on)
    I'd remove the Gyarados line and add in a 4-4 Lucario line, if for nothing else filler, till you can figure out something better. You can hit for 30 with Bulk Up, then next turn, go on an infinate loop of 60 for 1 energy. Still, not the best card, but it's a stage 1, requires only 1 energy, and is pretty good for a N00b deck.
    I'll suggest more once you make changes and give me some of your imput.
    Happy battling!

Okay, thanks. I do understand the Gyarados part, I just didn't know their was a trainer that could help me discard the Magikarp because I really don't know much about trainers outside what I have (which is limited).

Back