• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Noob question...

t5gnyaborar

Challenger
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2007
    I know this makes me sound like a noob but what r ubers?

EDIT Oh sry instead of boob i meant noob sry i mistyped...

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
  • Ubers are a tier of pokemon consisting of the following pokemon, often considered too strong for the rest of pokemon.

Arceus
    Darkrai
    Deoxys (all forms)
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Groudon
    Ho-oh
    Kyogre
    Latias
    Latios
    Lugia
    Manaphy
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Wobbuffet

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
  • Yeah, they usually have superior stats, abilities, or movelists. By the way, Tyranitar is also sometimes considered part of Ubers. He is still kind of up the air.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    What the? Wobbuffet is an uber? Then Team Rocket should be owning now.

Harwinder

Pokemon Breeder - EV Trainer
    Years
  • I agree with regigigas also if it IS an uber why is it so easy to get one. I have like 2 in fire red both caught by mistake.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Ubers are over-strong Pokemon and usually in a Wi-Fi battle they aren't allowed. Go to the Strategies & Movesets thread for a list of them. (look in 1 of the stickied threads)

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
  • Tyranitar is not an Uber because it dies with a Cross Chop =/

And, yes, Wobbuffet is ultra mega powerful. It just doesn't look like one.

Thats like saying Ho-oh isn't an Uber because it takes 50% from Stealth Rock / dies to a Stone Edge. Or that Groudon isn't uber because it dies to an Ice Beam. 4x Weaknesses do not alone determine tiers. Stats, typing, ability, and movepool all contribute. Not trying to argue tiers with you, but what essentially amounts to a base special defense 65 points greater than Blissey is not something to discount in power simply because of a 4x weakness.

As for people confused by Wobbuffet - Shadow Tag prevents you from switching. Encore makes you locked into a move. If you attacked, it uses Counter or Mirror Coat. If you didn't attack, it switches and lets a new pokemon set up or attack while you switch out or continue using said non-attack move. Destiny Bond ensures it will kill one more pokemon before it goes down.

Back