• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Noooo! not one direction!!!!

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    I came back from work today eager to play some Pokemon and chill out in front of me television when an advert came on that shocked me to the core!

The little douche bags from Xfactors most anoyying creation 'One Direction' we're advertising/commenting on how they love playing Pokemon Black and white. I personally cant stand these guys, it just saddened me that this brilliant game is associated with their kind of audience.

Anyone else seen the advert and feel a sense of discomfort whilst watching!?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Surely they can't be that bad?
    Plus, this is good publicity since most of the older fangirls haven't played since gen I.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    It's pokemon; you would be kidding yourself if you think most people from the ages 4 through 25~ from the modernized world hasn't played it

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've never heard of these kids before. It's not like its Justin Bieber advertising it...

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26005

This explains everything. I could honestly care less, if not be happy about it. More female players > a ton of small children flocking to it. Being surrounded by 500 small children wanting to play my White version before service is somewhat annoying when I'm trying to talk to my friends at the same time.

Last edited:

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    It's not really all that surprising considering Zack and Cody from the Disney Channel advertised HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Ashberto7

★ Celebi ★
    Years
  • I saw this advert just, I'm not to keen on them but still its adertising the game.
    Even though there probally a few years older than me, People at my school think pokemons babyish that will soon change when they watch that ._.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • I watched it too :O

At first I was like :O GIANT TEPIG

Then I saw One Direction.

At the End I Was Like
    Noooo! not one direction!!!!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I've never heard of these kids before. It's not like its Justin Bieber advertising it...

I haven't heard of them either and THANK GOD it wasn't Justin Bieber... I would be ashamed.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    This a good thing. Even if Justin Beiber did it, that would be a good thing.

It's publicity. The more people that play Pokemon, the better. In fact, it's nice to see some famous people that are around my age admit to playing Pokemon.

It doesn't make Pokemon any worse. If anything, it should improve your opinion about this boy band that you seem to hate so much.

If Justin Beiber declared he was a fan of Pokemon, I would hate him that much less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kay hadn't heard of them before either. I decided to look it up on Youtube... and this is just... lol. No offense to the boy band, but the whole setup of the advertisement seems corny, or something along those lines. Just their attitude towards the games seemed kinda fake + forced. Oh well, if it gets more kids into the games, then I guess it's fine. :(

Back