• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Not just EV Training, but getting "perfect" IVs just got a little easier.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    So let's say you have a Salamence with 31 Atk IV and bred it with a Ditto with 31 IV in HP, Def, Sp.Atk, Sp.Def and Spe, if you give Salamence a Power Bracer and Ditto the Destiny Knot, you'll have a Bagon with perfect IV?

Its not a straight swap, it chooses 5 from both pokes so 5/12 chance.

Years
  • When something becomes easier, you could think it means you're gonna have a headache trying to compete with people from here on in, but I disagree. Even if it becomes more accessible, it also makes it easier for those who really care about getting well-rounded, potent Pokémon. If you were already interested in competitive battling, you'd probably already have the perfect Pokémon anyway. Those players who don't are likely to continue not doing so, and won't care about the perfect Pokémon let alone battle competitively.

However I do care to battle competitively, but one would assume that in order to do so at this point, now I must also focus on IVs. In previous generations I competed just fine ignoring them. But as I have said I will still ignore them and see how it goes.

Time will tell.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    1) All pokemon are guaranteed 2 Perfect IVs from Friend Safari.

Baby Pokemon are guaranteed 3.

2) I can confirm Destiny Knot passes 5 IVs. I have a 5x 31 IV Breloom in my party.

3) Everstone seems to guarantee, or at least GREATLY increase the rate of Hidden Ability transfer regardless of gender.

Competitive breeding just got a hell of a lot less tedious.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So say you've got a Pokemon with all perfect IVs and it's holding the Destiny Knot, it'll take 5 of those from the Pokemon holding it and nothing from the other? Or does it miss-match between the two?

Years
  • So say you've got a Pokemon with all perfect IVs and it's holding the Destiny Knot, it'll take 5 of those from the Pokemon holding it and nothing from the other? Or does it miss-match between the two?

Destiny Knot allows the offspring to inherit 5 IVs total from either parent.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Whoa whoa, like the Destiny Knot that prevent infatuation haha? And this sounds pretty dang good, just gotta find that perfect Ditto first.
    I have a Japanese one. It's in Generation V however. I'll be cloning some in preparation for import into Generation VI.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Well, looks like nobody has answered my question :( is there a gen vi IV calculator? If not then how did you guys calculate your IVs?

Back