• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nothing but a Missing Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drako the Black Dragon

That one girl over there
    Years
    Giratina whirled around at the sound of Ho-oh's voice, just in time to see him drop. His eyes widened with shock. "Latios..." he whispered, "Latias... Wait here." Without another word, he zoomed after the plummeting bird.

Thump! The wind was knocked out of him as he flew under the fallen legendary to catch him. After taking a few moments to regain his breath, he realized how easily his load would fall off of his slender back in midair. He gathered his strength, trying to remember what it had felt like that one fateful day...with Arceus...
    He shook the thought out of his mind. Now was no time to be moping around! He drew a breath, tried to imitate that warm, melting feeling...and changed forms.
    He had almost forgotten how good it had felt not to be struggling to stay aloft in this world's intense gravity. It was so easy without his usual weak, serpentine body. He coasted slowly on the breeze in circles for a few seconds, enjoying the fact that every movement he made now took far less effort. Suddenly, he was snapped back into reality as he remembered the reason he had changed forms in the first place. Gliding up to his other companions, he was careful not to let Ho-oh fall. "Do you think he'll live?" he asked Latios with genuine concern in his voice, a concern so unlike the childish bliss he had felt only a short time before.

Last edited:

Faeldrake

Werewolf
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Latios looked over Ho-Oh with worry in his eyes. "I don't know. That thing, I think it was another of these shadow things. Latias? Give me a psychic boost here please.", Latios said surveiling Ho-Oh's unconscious body. Latias touched his mind with her power, allowing him to delve deeper into Ho-Oh's mental and physical state. His mind was out black, there wasn't much he could do their right now. He slowly went through Ho-Oh's body with his telepathy, checking for injuries. He had a few broken bones, some major fractures and his internal flame didn't look good at all.

Uknown to many, Latios was an expert healer though and liftet up Ho-Oh's wing very carefully. He slowly went through Ho-Oh's feathers, plucking out a grey powder-like substance, sacred ash. Then he masterfully applied it to Ho-Oh's body and floated back a little to see his workings. "I think he'll be alright. That sacred ash he produces is one of the finest healing ingredients I know of. He needs to rest though.", Latios explained to the others when he was done.

LugiaFreak

Years
    I head after Ho-Oh, Mew following close behind me. However, I seem to have lost sight of him.

I twist around in the air, angrily searching around me. Where has the infernal bird gone?

Glancing down, I can see, way off into the distance, more Pokemon. Most likely legendaries.

Narrowing my eyes to shield them from the wind, I explode into ExtremeSpeed and take off toward the Pokemon. As I look, I can make out Latios, Giratina, and a broken-looking Ho-Oh.

I snicker.

I feel no sympathy. I only want information from these Pokemon. They must know more about Missing No., and if they don't, I'll have to continue onward.

Clenching my claws, I slow myself and circle downward toward the three Pokemon.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    "How long must one walk before he finds his true enemy?" asked Groudon to himself as he came across the shore of a beach. He had been walking for, oh, maybe two hours. He was surprised to see the ocean already. It had been awhile since he had seen the ocean. Kyorge's energy had reached its peak. He was here.

"All right Kyogre, I am here," said Groudon to himself as he stared out onto the open waters. It was then that Kyogre jumped out of the water in the distance. It wasn't that long before Kyogre swam up to Groudon in all of his glory.

"So, what's up Groudon?" asked Kyogre as he floated in the water. The two titans were ready to go at it, and the tension could definitely be felt. Groudon, who had been waiting for this moment, was at a loss for words. He never thought he would see Kyogre again, let alone like this.

"Kyogre, you know why I am here," said Groudon as he took a seat on the shore by Kyogre. "I thought since we were now both awake, both of us could finish this without Rayquaza interrupting."

"I figured as much. Even though Arceus wanted us to work together, yout still want to finish, right?" asked Kyogre as he watched Groudon's movements. Groudon was scratching lines into the sand. Something was on his mind.

"Of course I want to finish this war. You know how long I have been wanting to do this? Too damn long. While you were enjoying your free reign over most of the world, I was confined in my cave, sleeping. I dreamt of this moment, and now it is here," said Groudon as he sighed. "But-"

"But you know we must team up to defeat the 'missing number,' right?"

"Right."

"Groudon, I promise you this. Once you and I defeat this...thing, we shall battle once again, but we must do as Lord Arceus told us. Please."

"Please? He never said please to me. He is being serious," thought Groudon as he stood up.

"I agree."

Drako the Black Dragon

That one girl over there
    Years
    Giratina looked up as Rayquaza drew close. "More company," he muttered to his companions.
    He flapped carefully closer to the approaching legendary, trying hard not to let Ho-oh slip off his back. "Greetings. You are Rayquaza, I'm guessing. Legendary dragon of the sky. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you look the part perfectly. I'm guessing we both heard the message, and you share the same goal as us. If that is true, then we are no threat to one another. But if it is not..." His eyes glinted with barely surpressed suspicion. Once, when reflecting on prior experiences in the dark, barren world over which he had been ruler for almost as long as he could remember, he had realized how much he had been finding himself becoming steadily more and more paranoid and mistrusting every time he switched into this form. New allies were growing harder for him to make, and even more difficult to keep. He tensed, ready to strike at any given moment, before speaking again.
    "If it is not, then I'm afraid you may be in for some trouble."

Last edited:

Faeldrake

Werewolf
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    Latios jumped in between Giratina and Rayquaza, seeing Rayquazas and Giratinas tensed looks. "Chill guys. We're not the enemys.", he said in a stern tone. "You must forgive Giratina, he's alright when you get to know him. Soooo, your Rayquaza? About time we met. As you probalbly know, I'm Latios and this is my sister Latias", Latios said to Rayquaza. Latias bowed politely.
    He was trying to keep the tensed air down. He couldn't use more enemys. (Especially since Rayquaza is about 5 times as big as him). "I feel you're uneased. It's ok, you're safe here for now. And don't think about going in their alone!", Latios told Rayquaza, reading his mind. "But seriously friends, we should get a move on. Those things could be back any time and we need a plan.", Latios stated. He was already forming a plan in his mind, I kind of 'Divide and Conquer' strategy. Could work, might work...

LugiaFreak

Years
    [OoC: Bolded parts are copied from the above posts. I'm not bunnying, I promise! ;P Also, I got permission to bunny Mew temporarily, but I don't really want it/know what to do with it now. I guess I'll just go back to Rayquaza. ._.;;]

As I hover down to eye level with the other Pokemon, Giratina is the first to greet me. "Greetings. You are Rayquaza, I'm guessing. Legendary dragon of the sky. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you look the part perfectly. I'm guessing we both heard the message, and you share the same goal as us. If that is true, then we are no threat to one another. But if it is not..." I stare menacingly at Giratina, who seems to be suddenly be angered by my presence. I grit my teeth, but Latios breaks through our stares. "You must forgive Giratina. He's alright when you get to know him. So, you're Rayquaza? About time we met. As you probably know, I'm Latios and this is my sister Latias," Latios said to Rayquaza. Latias bowed politely.

I give Giratina a quick look of warning, then turn my attention to Latios. "Yes. I received the message from Arceus. It seems we are going to need just more than raw power to defeat this 'Missing Number'." Memories flashed through my mind. My face darkens as I say slowly, "But MissingNo. must be defeated. I will not let my God go unavenged."

Worry flashed over Latios's face. "I feel you're uneased. It's okay. You're safe here for now. And don't think about going in there alone!" Latios told Rayquaza, reading his mind. "But seriously, friends, we should get a move on. Those things could be back any time and we need a plan."

A plan. Will that be enough?

Last edited:

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    "Kyogre,you need to search for Manaphy and as many Phione as possible. I feel that we will need them as well," said Groudon as he looked around, checking to see if any of the other Legendaries were around or not. He felt Rayquaza's energy not too far from here, that was for sure.

"Groudon, I shall. You try to get all of the land Legendaries together," said Kyogre as he dived into the water and swam away from Groudon.

Groudo waited for several minutes, thinking about what he had just done. He had just allied himself with his most hated enemy. Even though he hated doing it, he knew it had to be done. They needed to work together now.

"Kyogre, don't screw up," said Groudon as he walked away. It didn't take him long to locate some Legendaries flying in the sky. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't fly now.

"How shall they see me..." he said to himself before firing a small Fire Blast into the sky. "They should notice me now."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back