• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now what do I do?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Ok so I downloaded an emerald decomp and added a new move but it doesnt show in the game itself. So how do I make it show in the game? Before you ask yes I did follow a tutorial and it still doesnt work. Do I need to do something else?

ellabrella

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    • She/It
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    sounds like you haven't recompiled the ROM.

the "pokeemerald.gba" file inside your decomp folder is the end result of the compiling process. compiling takes all the files that make up the decomp and puts them together into a playable ROM.

so, if you edit a file, you have to compile again to make a brand new ROM with the changes to that file.

you must have compiled the ROM at some point during the decomp setup if you have "pokeemerald.gba" in your folder. usually this is done just by running a single command - "make" - in your terminal of choice. just do that again and your changes should take effect.

Back