• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NPC partner registering error

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2019
    I am one giant newb when it comes to RPG maker so forgive me but I'm trying to register a battle partner with a dependency. I basically just copy+pasted the wiki code and I get this error:

Spoiler:

What I am attempting is just to have an NPC follow me.

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • It won't work if you just copied:

Code:
    pbRegisterPartner(PBTrainers::HOOPYTRAINER,"Yuujin",0)
    and you didn't actually create the trainer in the PBS file "trainers" called "Yuujin".
    Also it looks like you aren't using extendtext.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2019
    Didn't know about extendtext, look into it trying new things going to see if I can make it work.

I didn't know there was an example event of this already in the game so I nicked it off of that and it has produced some interesting results.

>Wait for Move's Completion
    >Set Event Location: [Yuujin0],(000,000)
    >Script: pbAddDependency2(
    event_id,"Yuujin0',2)
    >Control Switches: [0098: rivaldoor] = ON

Originally what happened was it would make the triggering event dependant and it worked perfectly except I need it to be the NPC not the triggering event. I thought maybe I could put a switch to change the event's graphics to look like the NPC and then teleport the NPC away but instead it made the NPC follow me but with no animation.

I'm a bit stuck. Worst case scenario I could just make the NPC event to trigger the dependency but I would prefer it not to.

By the way I got rid of the partner register part because I neglected to read that it was independent of the dependency event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Code:
    >Set Event Location: [Yuujin0],(000,000)
    [COLOR="Red"]event_id[/COLOR],"Yuujin0',2)

Where it's written event_id you should replace it with the actual event id number that you want as follower. It's in the top right part of the event page After "Edit Event - ID:NUMBER"

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2019
    event_id,"14',2)

All that does is make the trigger event follow me and not the NPC.

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • >Wait for Move's Completion
    event_id,"14',2)

All that does is make the trigger event follow me and not the NPC.

You haven't changed "event id"!
    Ok I'll show you a picture:
    Here is Brendan, an empty event (soon to be follower) with the ID 022:

Here is the event you'll speak with that will make Brendan follow you:

Make sure to teleport the event "Brendan" close to you before the script call.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2019
    Sorry for late response, I've been busy. Thank you so much! It was a bit silly how I didn't catch that. Should I release a demo you are going on the list of helpers!

Back