• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, i tried building this with synergy.Yeah, i used that word that instantly makes everyone think "n00b".Well, i am one, so deal with it :P

And incase you didn't get the title, this is an UU/NU team.(UU with NU pokes, as i'm assuming UU is above NU)

Lead:

NUassuming Kanto RMT

StandardSaur @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
    Sleep Powder
    Leech Seed
    Grass Knot
    Sludge Bomb

The tactic about this guy is: Draw out a Fire type, which gets Sleep Powdered, then switch to Blastoise, or if it's not a fire-type, something else.

Provided Venusaur is alive if it comes into play, Grass Knot is my answer to a little problem the rest of my team has called Milotic.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

SpecsToise @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    HP Electric
    Focus Blast

Specs + prediction (still working on the latter) = pwnage
    HP Electric takes out Flying types and other waters (minus Lanturn, who is dealt with by Marowak). Focus Blast can dent most things pretty darn well.
    Crobat,Driflblim,Jumpluff,Altaria,Noctowl are destroyed by SpecsIce Beam.
    Obviously,Fire Types are dealt with by Surf, as is Regirock, a common switchin to Charizard
    Focus Blast should do something to about half of all Clefable sets, however others have be doomed, so i need some more coverage there.

Those damn French with their turtle soup are gonna get him, as i don't have any Nazis.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

MixZard @ Life Orb
    Mild
    60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
    Fire Blast
    Roost/HP Electric (Roost on wi-fi,HP on shoddy)
    Air Slash
    Brick Break

Rotom won't take a STAB Fire Blast happily, Froslass,Meganium and Vileplume don't stand a chance.
    Manectric, uhh...Marowak.
    Grumpig and Hypno will be a problem.
    Sableye won't do too well here.
    Brick Break gets rid of my Chansey problem.
    Venusaur can cover my Azumarill and Slowbro problems.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

Swords Dancer @ Thick Club
    Adamant
    Rock Head
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Double Edge
    Fire Punch

This is a good switch in if i know the enemy Charizard isn't running HP Grass.Especially if it runs HP Electric, which would remove Blastoise. Earthquake-Clefable,Lanturn-taken care of, i hope. Double Edge gets Claydol and Weezing. and Fire Punch can help with any levitaters.

Marowak seems to be the only pokemon who can cover his own weaknesses here.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

ExploSteel @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 176 HP / 82 def
    Explosion
    Iron Head
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch

These EVs, provided i had good IVs (27+ on Atk,HP,Def at least) would allow me to hit up to 345 Hp, 273 Atk, 356 Def.
    Explosion is going to put a dent in most things, due to choice band (i can't calculate choice band).
    Iron Head, Earthquake and Ice Punch give him decent coverage, really.

Not Kanto, but needed nonetheless.

I need a sixth slot.I'm really clueless, i think i need a Mixed Wall really.

Known Problems for the team:
    Milotic
    Clefable

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
  • Ok, i tried building this with synergy.Yeah, i used that word that instantly makes everyone think "n00b".Well, i am one, so deal with it :P

And incase you didn't get the title, this is an UU/NU team.(UU with NU pokes, as i'm assuming UU is above NU)

Lead:

NUassuming Kanto RMT

StandardSaur @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
    Sleep Powder
    Leech Seed
    Grass Knot Energy Ball
    Sludge Bomb

The tactic about this guy is: Draw out a Fire type, which gets Sleep Powdered, then switch to Blastoise, or if it's not a fire-type, something else.

Provided Venusaur is alive if it comes into play, Grass Knot is my answer to a little problem the rest of my team has called Milotic.

Leading with a Venusaur for the single sake of putting the opponent to sleep is actually a good tactic, considering if the opponent gets stealth rocks up then Charizard is going to take a tonne. The disadvantage of this lead is that you're getting no entry hazards up. Also, I would recommend Energy Ball > Grassknot because a lot of Pokémon won't take much of anything from Grassknot in the NU/UU environment.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

SpecsToise @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    HP Electric HP Grass
    Focus Blast

Specs + prediction (still working on the latter) = pwnage
    HP Electric takes out Flying types and other waters (minus Lanturn, who is dealt with by Marowak). Focus Blast can dent most things pretty darn well.
    Crobat,Driflblim,Jumpluff,Altaria,Noctowl are destroyed by SpecsIce Beam.
    Obviously,Fire Types are dealt with by Surf, as is Regirock, a common switchin to Charizard
    Focus Blast should do something to about half of all Clefable sets, however others have be doomed, so i need some more coverage there.

Those damn French with their turtle soup are gonna get him, as i don't have any Nazis.

This is a very quirky set, especially since rapid spinning Blastoise would benefit your Charizard much more. I like it, though. It will surprise the opponent and most likely take down a Pokémon or two. I'd reccomend HP Grass, since you already have Icebeam to take out flying types and Lanturn can otherwise wall this set, and you cannot risk a switch into Marowak.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

MixZard @ Life Orb
    Mild
    60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
    Fire Blast
    Roost/HP Electric (Roost on wi-fi,HP on shoddy) HP Electric on Wi-Fi too
    Air Slash
    Brick Break

Rotom won't take a STAB Fire Blast happily, Froslass,Meganium and Vileplume don't stand a chance.
    Manectric, uhh...Marowak.
    Grumpig and Hypno will be a problem.
    Sableye won't do too well here.
    Brick Break gets rid of my Chansey problem.
    Venusaur can cover my Azumarill and Slowbro problems.

Nice set, I like the idea of using Brick Break to defeat Chansey. It'll also be useful on duel screeners like Gardevoir and Uxie. You might want HP Electric on Wi-Fi too, Charizard isn't meant to be bulky and you've got a defence reducing nature anyway so it's not like Charizard is going to be around for a long time.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

Swords Dancer @ Thick Club
    Adamant
    Rock Head
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Double Edge
    Fire Punch

This is a good switch in if i know the enemy Charizard isn't running HP Grass.Especially if it runs HP Electric, which would remove Blastoise. Earthquake-Clefable,Lanturn-taken care of, i hope. Double Edge gets Claydol and Weezing. and Fire Punch can help with any levitaters.

Marowak seems to be the only pokemon who can cover his own weaknesses here.

Perfect, this set is just fine as it is and I have no faults with this set that are worth mentioning.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

ExploSteel @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 176 HP / 82 def
    Explosion
    Iron Head
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch

These EVs, provided i had good IVs (27+ on Atk,HP,Def at least) would allow me to hit up to 345 Hp, 273 Atk, 356 Def.
    Explosion is going to put a dent in most things, due to choice band (i can't calculate choice band).
    Iron Head, Earthquake and Ice Punch give him decent coverage, really.

Not Kanto, but needed nonetheless.

I need a sixth slot.I'm really clueless, i think i need a Mixed Wall really.

Registeel is an excellent Pokémon, but you might want to consider getting rid of the Choice Band set. Choice Band only increases your physical attack by x1.5. You'd benefit much more from a late game cursing Registeel.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

252 HP, 40 Attack, 216 Special Defence.
    Careful Nature. @ Leftovers
    ~ Curse
    ~ Iron Head
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Explosion / Ice Punch / Rest

I recommend this set. It's quite standard, but it works a treat with Charizard because Charizard can take all ground moves for Registeel and Registeel can take all rock moves for Charizard. With one curse, your attack AND defense are increased x1.5 which means it's much more useful than any choice item. Just think carefully before sending it into play.

Known Problems for the team:
    Milotic
    Clefable

As for your last team member, I would recommend this guy here. He's excellent for playing with Clefable and can deal with those problematic scarfed Pokémon which could hurt your team quite a bit if you're not careful.

NUassuming Kanto RMT

252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP.
    Adamant Nature. @ Choice Band
    - Close Combat
    - Mach Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Earthquake

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Thanks.Well, i'll test it on shoddy battle, see what i think.I like Hitmon-pokes, so that last poke is good.

Back