• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Nuzlocke Challenge: Fantasy Football Edition

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
    NOTE: This is not a Pokemon challenge, but a fantasy football league with Nuzlocke-inspired rules. For this reason, it does not belong in the "Challenges" subforum. As far as I know, this idea is original.

The long grind of a Pokemon Nuzlocke playthrough seemed to remind me of the NFL fantasy football season, how one key part of the team going down can sink your season or Nuzlocke.

Without further ado, the rules:
    -If a player misses two games in a season for any reason, he's considered dead.
    Example: Arian Foster missed the first two weeks this year due to a previous injury. You have to drop him from your team.

-The idea of limited captures carries over. You are allowed to two waiver claims/trades per NFL Week (think of new areas as new weeks) no more than that. *NFL Weeks are Tuesday to Monday. After Monday Night Football ends and the Tuesday waiver period begins, you have until the Monday of the next week to use your two transactions if you choose. Like the real Nuzlocke, captures do not carry over from week to week.
    Example: In one week, I pick up Danny Amendola on waivers (Tuesday, processes Wednesday) and trade Davante Adams for Frank Gore. That's two transactions in a week.

I want to iterate that this is an idea in progress. The problem is that there is no equivalent to being eliminated when your team is dead, or you don't have enough players to field a team.

The scoring system is ESPN's standard format with a QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, a TE, a FLEX (that is, one RB, WR or TE of your choice), a D/ST (Example: Browns Defense/Special Teams), and a K.

There are no Smogonesque limitations to your team. Rob Gronkowski would be a Uber tight end but you are allowed to have him! Where dropping players is a mandatory part of the game, the hypothetical league will NOT observe ESPN's undroppable list. This means you can drop Dez Bryant even though he was your first pick and on the undroppable list.

This league is also not a keeper league, so it doesn't make much sense to try and trade players who are injured and likely to become dead or are dead but a valuable player like Dez Bryant.

If anyone wants to use this idea, feel free. If any of you want to join a league using this format, I can be your commissioner. Thoughts/questions/compliments?

Last edited:
    Back