• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obama Selects Running Mate

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    I don't know who Joe Biden is... wasn't he running for president as well, a while ago?

I think Obama should have gone with Stephen Colbert =P [I want Stephen to sire my children, omg... XD]

But I'm sure Joe Biden will be a good VP, if Obama thinks he's good ^^

It's so sad. This is the first election I've REALLY gotten into... and I can't even vote! T.T I won't turn 18 until March '09... *sigh*

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    I am a bleeding heart registered liberal Democrat...and this is just another candidate on the train of phail we are building for 2008.

I'm voting for John McCain either way, its to the point of voting for the lesser of two evils. I'd rather have my lesser evil have a war record then...a first term Senator.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I'm voting for John McCain either way, its to the point of voting for the lesser of two evils. I'd rather have my lesser evil have a war record then...a first term Senator.
    I don't think I could of said it any better myself. Except I can't vote yet. ;;

Now we just have to wait an see who McCain picks. :\

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hmmm, I really don't know who this guy is. But I hope he has some polices that can be addressed to Obama.

I really don't know who I am going to vote this November. I am Republican, and I am disappointed at Bush's performance this term. I might vote of Obama.

McCain...he seems stale. The only thing he addressed is the war, which is good. I am looking forward to see what McCain picks for VP in his side. Maybe that is the boost he needs.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    Since I cannot vote, I will not be voting.
    If I could, I would still be voting for Obama even though his running mate is by far one I could do without. He voted for the Defense of Marriage Act which in my book is a lame move, even though he supports LGBT rights and whatnot.

I would vote for Obama still because I think he's the guy that will allow me to live the longest.

Years
    Hmm...Politics...Politics...

I can't vote, but I am following this Prez Election... If I could vote I'll vote for Obama but I do prefer Hillary (Even if it could have been VP.) To be frank I just don't agree with Sen.McCain's position with various issues. I mean the government has already squandered the International Communities goodwill after 9/11 (You know what I mean.) Oh well that's politics for you. Politians will flip-flop on any issue for political advantage nowadays (Honest Polititians are too far and between...hmmm...just sad:()

For those who say Obama's too inexperienced:
    https://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2008/08/19/tomo/

Also has anybody watched that "Political" Pokemon battle between the candidates LOL...but not as good as the Hillary vs. Ron Paul one...

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

No way am I voting for either Obama nor McCain.

As for Obama being "inexperienced", on the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzbaord's Political Potpourri section, one semi-regular poster has a "NObama" banner in his sig-a blue strip with white text says he is "too darn young and inexperienced to be Commander-in-Chief" (this user is heavily Republican and pro-Bush). Another user found it "offensive" and "out of touch".
    My response: If Obama is "too darn young" to have the Oval Office, then Teddy Roosevelt and JFK were too darn young too.

McCain certainly won't be any better. All he'll do is continue much of the same stuff Bush has been doing the past several years, including never-ending deficit spending, nation-building imperialist wars, feeding Wall Street financial and corporate interests, making energy policy based on crooked corporations such as Enron, etc.

The two major parties want us to believe there are "major differences" between their opposition. In the end though, they agree on much of the same things.
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv"]Both Obama and McCain support:
    -Relentless expansion of government and massive tax increases to cover all the costs.
    -Also the continued growth of the National Debt, even as it passes $10 trillion, not to mention the trillions more in unfunded liabilities such as Medicare and Social Security.​
    -Federal Reserve System and the endless inflation (which we're constantly told is needed to "reduce our trade deficit", and to "save the housing market" which cannot be saved.-see the next item)
    -Unfair trade agreements, including NAFTA, PNTR, CAFTA, and participation in WTO, all of which balloned our trade deficit (which was NOT caused by a "strong dollar" policy nor was the dollar ever overvalued as the mainstream media, Fed officials, the Treasury Secretary, and Wall Street want you to believe.)
    -Participation in globalist anti-national soverignty organzations, such as the United Nations, International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, World Health Organization, UNESCO, ICC and others of the like.
    -Nation building imperialist wars in Iraq (and soon Iran)
    -Stringent and complex gun control laws, which have done next to nothing to reduce crime.
    -Massive federal intervention into education (even though the Constitution prohibits it through the 10th Amendment), through programs like No Child Left Untested and America Globalizes Act.
    -Federal takeover of health care (even though the two major candidates claim major differences).
    -Suppression of economic activity and energy supplies through ratification of Kyoto and other "man-made global warming" treaties.
    -Further erosion of our national sovereignty and civil liberties, in the name of "national security/prevent another 9-11" (eg. PATRIOT ACT) and "global competitiveness"
    -Bans on domestic oil and gas exploration/extraction/production (even though they now claim they'll allow domestic oil drilling, mark my words, once either of them get to the White House, he will surely veto such legislation supporting domestic production.)

I certainly can't see much change under an Obama administration, and I'm not looking forward to yet another 4 years of Bush, which is what McCain essentially is.

As of now I'm currently undecided between Bob Barr (L-Georgia) and Chuck Baldwin (T-Florida).
    In the January 15th Michigan Primary that we weren't supposed to have, I voted for Ron Paul.[/FONT]

Years
    I don't know who Joe Biden is... wasn't he running for president as well, a while ago?
    Senator Joe Biden (D-Delaware) ran for President in the 2008 and 1988 election cycles. Senator Biden became a senator in 1973. He is currently the Chairman of the Senate Committee of the Judiciary and the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. Senator McCain (R-Arizona) will announce his running mate on August 29, one day after the end of Democratic National Convention.

Years
    To Agree or to Disagree?

No way am I voting for either Obama nor McCain.

The two major parties want us to believe there are "major differences" between their opposition. In the end though, they agree on much of the same things.
    [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv]
    Both Obama and McCain support:

-Relentless expansion of government and massive tax increases to cover all the costs.
    [/FONT]

But without expansion of government there would be less peace and order.
    Massive tax increases eh? Has anybody heard of something called the Graduated Income Tax? Because seriously the Tax code should be simplified or at least revised.

-Also the continued growth of the National Debt, even as it passes $10 trillion, not to mention the trillions more in unfunded liabilities such as Medicare and Social Security.

But Medicare and Social Security are what most of the USA's aging baby-boomers are hanging on to as they grow older. How do you propose to support them eh?

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv]-Federal Reserve System and the endless inflation (which we're constantly told is needed to "reduce our trade deficit", and to "save the housing market" which cannot be saved.-see the next item)[/FONT]

Now on this one I agree with you the Government trying to bail out the
    "housing market" (ex. Wall Street, Sub-prime mortgage lenders etc.) is just a futile attempt to save businesses.

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv]-Unfair trade agreements, including NAFTA, PNTR, CAFTA, and participation in WTO, all of which balloned our trade deficit (which was NOT caused by a "strong dollar" policy nor was the dollar ever overvalued as the mainstream media, Fed officials, the Treasury Secretary, and Wall Street want you to believe.)[/FONT]

It's true that NAFTA is an unfair trade agreement. But I dont see how the WTO is a "bad" thing.

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv] -Participation in globalist anti-national soverignty organzations, such as the United Nations, International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, World Health Organization, UNESCO, ICC and others of the like.[/FONT]

The UN and everything under it are wonderful organizations. How else will there be any progress in a Global scale. Who would mediate minor disputes and even major ones around the world. What would serve as an intermediary for fund transfers between Developed and Developing Countries.
    You cannot remove graft and corruption around the world, it's human nature. (Honest Politicians are a dying breed)
    How will we help other nations through Health?
    And without the UN how will we achieve a rudimentary form of International Cooperation?

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv] -Nation building imperialist wars in Iraq (and soon Iran)[/FONT]

I agree with you on this one. 'nuff said.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv]-Stringent and complex gun control laws, which have done next to nothing to reduce crime.[/FONT]

Even with stringent gun control the US is still one of the easiest place to obtain a gun legally (Especially with the 2nd Amendment and NRA) What do you propose throw out gun control laws?

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv] -Massive federal intervention into education (even though the Constitution prohibits it through the 10th Amendment), through programs like No Child Left Untested and America Globalizes Act.[/FONT]

To be frank the NCLB Act was a failure, the problem is kids are not motivated enough to study. But there has to be at least some uniformity in the nations education policies, rather than the slap-dash State ed. programs.

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv]-Federal takeover of health care (even though the two major candidates claim major differences).[/FONT]

I support Universal Health-care wholeheartedly. I could debate this for a long time but I don't have the time (and too lazy) to do so.

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv]-Suppression of economic activity and energy supplies through ratification of Kyoto and other "man-made global warming" treaties.[/FONT]

Just like UHC I support the Kyoto Treaty wholeheartedly. We should at least start somewhere in the fight against Man-Accelerated Climate Change. (If you can't accept the blatant scientific evidence in front of you...too bad...it's your choice.) I could debate on this one.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv]-Further erosion of our national sovereignty and civil liberties, in the name of "national security/prevent another 9-11" (eg. PATRIOT ACT) and "global competitiveness"[/FONT]

Don't Forget FISA! I totally agree with you
    With the US Intelligence Agencies getting Gestapo and NKVD-like surveillance powers that can only mean massive erosion of Civil Liberties.

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif, Helv] -Bans on domestic oil and gas exploration/extraction/production (even though they now claim they'll allow domestic oil drilling, mark my words, once either of them get to the White House, he will surely veto such legislation supporting domestic production.)[/FONT]

I just don't see the feasibility of domestic Oil production. Because it's still the Oil Companies that will control them (and it would take 7 years for this to happen at least)
    What about us who live here near San Pedro right beside Oil Refineries who spew out chemical --. What about our Health?

I certainly can't see much change under an Obama administration, and I'm not looking forward to yet another 4 years of Bush, which is what McCain essentially is.

As of now I'm currently undecided between Bob Barr (L-Georgia) and Chuck Baldwin (T-Florida).
    In the January 15th Michigan Primary that we weren't supposed to have, I voted for Ron Paul.

Choose the lesser evil. Don't be naive, you can't win a national election without the support of one of the messed up two-party system. See how Obama even with the coalition building can barely hold up against John McCain.

This Federal Republic is great but it has been abused too much

Unless you want to start some kind of Revolution (Which is not recommended):P

Last edited:

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    I am a bleeding heart registered liberal Democrat...and this is just another candidate on the train of phail we are building for 2008.

Why vote for the lesser of two evils? There ARE other candidates running for president like Bob Barr who mean well and aren't corporate sellouts like Obama/McCain. If I were American and I had to vote for either of those two and no one else I wouldn't vote at all. I'd also look deeper into if Ron Paul/Dennis Kucinich/Mike Gravel are still running because those 3 are gems America ignored because the media did.

Just setting the fact straight a vote for McCain is a vote for a draft and Obama is no better.

Years
    I don't know a whole lot about Biden, but from some slight reading I can't say I like the man's stance on a lot of issues that much. However, I think he's an excellent choice for Obama, strategically speaking, as he looks to be an extremely experienced politician and speaker.

Back