• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Obstruct always fails in battle

Years
  • I don't know what is wrong with the move, but I didn't change anything about it.
    When I was play-testing i noticed that obstruct would always fail, im not sure why.
    This is what it looks like in moves.txt

Code:
    68,OBSTRUCT,Obstruct,180,0,DARK,Status,100,10,0,NearOther,4,,"Protects the user from all attacks. Direct contact harshly lowers the attacker's Defense."

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    I assume you are on V19 with the Gen 8 plugin with your PBS looking like that. What do you mean by failing? Is it saying "But it failed."? Is it not blocking attacks? Is it giving you an error?
    I just tested it and it worked fine, so we need some more context.

Years
  • Sorry for not being clear, Its saying "but it failed". Obstruct works just like King's Shield, but instead dropping defense by 2 stages, no?

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    You need to look at your scripts for Obstruct. The PBS is fine, if its failing something is wrong with the script. It works fine if it hasn't been touched.

Back