• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OC Characters and Pokemon Team Art Offer

Years
  • [REQUESTS CURRENTLY CLOSED - Time to catch up! ]

Hey everyone. I'm working on a holiday special that people can offer their OC's [whether from a fandom or original from am original story or webcomic] and, if the OC had Pokemon, what team of 6 would the OC have. I was then going to paint them up.

I'm currently in the stage of collecting interested people and information for the pieces. Check out the guidelines here if you're interested by clicking the Deviant Art link in my signature and reading the journal entry marked "Pokemon Experiment."

Here are some samples of Pokemon paintings I've done:

and

Sorry, can't seem to be able to resize them >.< I keep trying but it keeps resetting them

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey! It's nice that you want to open up a traditional/digital art shop! But before you get started, we have a rule in A&D where you are required to showcase four pieces of your art in the thread. I mean, you can't expect people to request something when they don't know what you're capable of, right? :) I'll leave this open for a while so you can update.

Good luck!

Years
  • Hey! It's nice that you want to open up a traditional/digital art shop! But before you get started, we have a rule in A&D where you are required to showcase four pieces of your art in the thread. I mean, you can't expect people to request something when they don't know what you're capable of, right? :) I'll leave this open for a while so you can update.

Good luck!

Didn't notice ^-^' But that's fair. I'll put up some recent Pokemon artwork I've done then when I edit it.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh, this seems like a nice little opportunity to get some characters drawn. How generous.

I'll see about which of my characters I might want drawn. I have one in mind, if you'd like some of the basic outline? I don't have the exact file. It's on my flash drive that . . . is somewhere. But, still, even a close drawing would be cool~

Years
  • Oh, this seems like a nice little opportunity to get some characters drawn. How generous.

I'll see about which of my characters I might want drawn. I have one in mind, if you'd like some of the basic outline? I don't have the exact file. It's on my flash drive that . . . is somewhere. But, still, even a close drawing would be cool~

I'll take verbal descriptions if they are clear enough. In the past, some people have given me pictures of other characters or people to show the different features they'd like, then go from there with some descriptions to keep in mind. The more clear the description, the more likely I'll hopefully get it right lol

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • I'll take verbal descriptions if they are clear enough. In the past, some people have given me pictures of other characters or people to show the different features they'd like, then go from there with some descriptions to keep in mind. The more clear the description, the more likely I'll hopefully get it right lol

Hmm If this is still open, I'd like to know if I could get a character drawn?

As well as, Where would you prefer I send the information?

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • Ya that would be cool. I actually have a request

Zorua and zoroark standing next to each other, any background is good, thanks, and I want it for my sig too, so if u can resize it
    thanks

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • Wow, this is incredibly generous of you! I'll certainly be giving you a watch, and, if you are still accepting requests, will send you my request as well.

Fantastic work, by the way. I think my favorite one from the ones you showcased was the Mareep *plural* and their evolutionary lines.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Looks pretty good, though I'm not entirely sure Sandshrew would have fuzzy parts. It's like when I see hair tufts on Charmander, not sure how that works. :B

I do like how your creatures have a fur-like quality, but my suggestion would be to shade using more natural colors. I can't tell for certain but it does seem like there might be some burn/dodge usage? Or, maybe just black and white? Instead, select a darker but similar color. For example, shade bright yellows with a darker, less saturated orange. That's the easy, typically failproof method anyhow. The more you play with colors, the more you start to use all kinds of hues and values to give a picture more pop.

I've got more Pokemon OCs than I can possibly count or even keep track of without looking them up. ^^; I've been doing this for too long. ._. I won't unleash a barrage on you, but I'd like to see how you come along. :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, I've been inactive for a few weeks, but if you're still accepting characters, I have one here that was for a non-pokemon roleplay that I intended to join.

I'll give you the appearance section and I'll put the first part of the personality below that, so that you can get a feel (hopefully) of how to draw her, if you decide to do so.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Holy crap, sorry for being absent for so long. I've been so busy and sick. I actually closed the offer on December 15th....HOWEVER, since I've missed a lot of people here, I will still take requests from those that have expressed an interest. However, January 1st I'm going to have to stop taking requests all together since I'll be trying to start a big project.

So...everyone who has posted on this thread above this comment...you still get to make up to 3 OC requests, each OC is allowed up to 6 Pokemon. Just take note that it'll take wee bit to get through them all ^-^

I finally finished the first painting, which took forever because I was so busy and sick. I tried some new techniques and a lot of these Pokémon I've never painted before, so this was a really hard piece.

BTW, I noticed a few of you asked about where to send information. You can post it here. Just post up your OC's name and appearance (and pic if possible), and up to 6 Pokemon of choice for that character. I'll take up to three humanoid OC's.

Also lemme know if there's any accessories or information I should keep in mind, if any.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    For future reference, you can always edit your first post to include "open" and "closed" text so people know when you're available to complete requests and when your not. :)

Years
  • Just an update to show how some of the requests are going. I honestly didn't think I had very many until I started going through them lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • Been a long while...sorry. Requests are still closed, but I did want to share some updates of some of the requests I've managed to catch up on.

Back