• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess

Which is better?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Twilight Princess

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I love Majora's mask, it has such a dark, and sad tone to it.
    The last Zelda game better be like that.

The Oracle series are also pretty nice, thanks to the unique linking system they have. There's so much to do, even after you've beaten one of the two games.

The Wind Waker...I liked the cel-shaded graphics, and I liked the boss battles, but there weren't many dungeons, only 5.
    Spoiler:
    That's why I only played through Wind Waker once, I couldn't stand to do that stupid Triforce treasure hunt again.

Toshinden

Up-and-coming
    Years
    You pretty much can't argue with the classics. Obviously Twilight Princess looks more crisp, and there's more stuff to do, but OoT is a great game, and no future game can take any credibility away from it.

*edit* then again, I forgot that you can race a large Yeti down a steep hill as many times as you want... Man, that was awesome.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    Wind Waker was awesome! I liked the controls, being kid Link for the whole game, and I even liked that part with the Triforce hunting..! There was a huge sense of adventure there.

... but that's besides the point. If I remember from back then, Ocarina also had a sense of adventure. Twilight Princess was good, but it was one sided (in my opinion) and the wolf part felt gimmicky and away from Zelda gameplay.

All just IN MY OPINION

Toshinden

Up-and-coming
    Years

Goblinaro

[Insert creative title here]
    Years
    I can't decide. I agree with everyone on Ocarina of Time, but Nintendo took YEARS to make Twilight Princess. Fans of this genre have waited years for this game. My friend said he reserved a copy of it for the gamecube, and that was when I turned eleven!! The graphics are better than ocarina of time, thats true, but Twilight Princess came out in 2006! Ocarina of Time came out in 1998!! If the Zelda genre was to keep improving as steadily as it was way back then, Twilight Princess should be even better than what it is. OoT's graphics were great for its time, and while TP's is good for its time, it could have been better. And most of the Zelda games always have a great storyline, so there's no difference there for the two. The gameplay and control scheme would probably have to go to TP's Wii version. So they're pretty even'd out, but while I've only played one of them, I truly couldn't decide unless there was a gun pointed at my head, and I HAD to choose one or the other. in which case I would choose Twilight Princess, just because I've played Ocarina of Time a lot, and isn't really as much fun to me as it was when I first solved all the games puzzles and dungeons. And I've been dying to play Twilight Princess. However, really and truly, they're both equals to me in my heart.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I love TP. It's a great graphic ((Wii) I don't know how it is on NGC) and a great controlling. Also the story is very great.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    charmander07, the graphics are identical in the GCN and Wii version of TP. Even though it is on the Wii, what you're seeing is GameCube graphics.

the only visual differences is that the Wii version is flipped and you can play it in 16:9 widescreen. Both version features 480p output.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    well i have ocarina of time for my gamecube and i havent played twilight princess and i really love playing ocarina of time and twilight princess looks so awesome so i guess id go with TP

Last edited:

lookoutapiano

Banned
    Years
    I voted for Ocarina of Time. I really like both of them but although Twilight Princess is very impressive it's missing some things that Ocarina of Time has. I also think Wind Waker's a great game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2007
    Sorry but I have to go with Twilight Princess it is just so much better.

Back