• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ocelot? In MY Pokemon Diamond?

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
  • It's more likely than you think.

ocelotpkmncv8.jpg

The Scientist

Years
  • How did you realise that?
    Were you just looking at pictures or something?

Some people in the /r9k/ Skype room were bored, so I presented a few of my [infamous] paradoxes to them.

One was the "time machine" paradox: You are stuck in the process of building a time machine, when suddenly, an older version of yourself appears and hands you the blueprints. With these blueprints, you are able to complete the time machine. So are you obligated to go back in time to give your younger self the blueprints? What happens if you don't?

One guy responded "SNAKE, YOU CAN'T DO THAT! IT'LL CREATE A TIME PARADOX!"

Now by this point I was trolling harder than diamonds, so I responded "How did Campbell know that killing Ocelot would cause a time paradox? How did he know Ocelot was important?"

Someone said "CAMPBELL WASN'T THERE".

Naturally, I freaked the hell out. So I looked up some information on Ocelot... you know how when you do a Google web search, it shows a few image results at the top? Well one of them was the "Handgesture'd" one.

Well, the first thing I noticed about it was the red beret. It has an unusual shape, so it kind of stands out. After trying to remember where I've seen that hat before, I pulled up a picture of Lucas on Bulbapedia and...

They have the same hat, scarf, hand gesture, and eye color (not noted in the picture).

Considering how many strange references are in D/P/Pt, I wouldn't put it past these guys.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    This rocks mate!

pure brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • Dawn paid P$4513 to the winner.
    "Dawn? Dawn?? DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN!!!!!!"

...I don't care if he never does that, it's the first thing that popped up in my head.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Man that's awesome.

Ocelot is so completely epic and the similarities are striking.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This is incredible. If I actually saw that picture of Ocelot I would have never seen any of the connection...This is pretty good speculation xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would've never saw the similarities until now. You've got quite an eye.

I wonder if Nintendo based Lucas off of Ocelot?

The Scientist

Years
  • I would've never saw the similarities until now. You've got quite an eye.

I wonder if Nintendo based Lucas off of Ocelot?

I've noticed a few unusual references in Diamond, to be honest.

"Twinleaf" (Futaba) is another name for 2chan.
    There's a Fisherman somewhere that says "For The Win" before you battle him (I'm sure someone else has spotted him)
    There's a trainer whose catchphrase is "My Pokemon is Fight" (It's a SA reference).
    As well as a few Galactic Grunts that call you "noob".

One must wonder what exactly is going on over there...

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Yup, what a Coincidence.

Or is it?! I'm just surprised how a lot of people in this thread haven't noticed that before.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I always loved the whole Lucas/Ocelot comparison. That being said, Barry/Pearl reminds me a lot of Flapjack.

Back