• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

October Contest Results.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Albeit a little bit late, they are finally here!

First Place
    October Contest Results.

Shiharu
    Score: 9/10
    Although it is indeed a beautiful and well made piece, and is definitely deserving of first place, I can't help but notice some texture/shading issues on the girl (Cassidy, is it?). There are also very, very minor outlining flaws that come with most pieces that use a thicker outline. However a lovely choice in palette, amazingly accurate to their anime counterparts and a beautiful concept, well done!

Second Place
    October Contest Results.

ZephyrPlusle
    Score: 9/10
    Another top piece, it was pretty much a stalemate between you and Shiharu for a while, but in the end I had to pick one. I feel the feet/legs are the main issue, they look a bit too flat, close and unrealistic in the way that the raised leg is positioned. Maybe having both hanging in a somewhat flying position would of worked better? Regardless, another strong concept that made great use of palette, style and shading. Nice job!

Third place
    October Contest Results.

Riceeman
    Score: 7/10
    To be honest, it was VERY close between you and Katana for third place. I picked yours solely because the palette was tops and the sprite(s) fitted the PKMN style more. However i feel the concept is a tad cliche' and very similar to Katana's entry (which had being posted a while before) my main issue is the shading on the cloak/cloth type thing, It's not very fluent, it just looks like a block of lighter colour, maybe use up more space for that shade and then try a little AAing? Either way, it's an overall nice piece, and i really like the shadow(s), good job!

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Not trying to offend Riceeman, but I feel Katana deserved third place more. I don't like the shading on Riceeman's pumpkin, neither the head nor the cape. There seems to be a problem with shading being interrupted directly underneath a protuding part. On the head, there's not enough darkness (none, actually, it looks like), and on the cape it's excessive. I also think the shadows were a tad unecessary.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    It was no surprise that Shiharu won first but Katana should have won 3rd.............
    It had very good shading, nice concept, and it really went good with the theme......
    Anyways I personaly think katana has won third but that is just my opinion.........

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I know I know. I more than anyone wanted Katana to be third, but I can't put him there just because I liked his better. I have to be professional and unbiased with my judging.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    You got 7 out of 10 as well, but i had to put Riceeman's through simply because of the style issue =/

Sorry Katana.

Years
    Yay~ ^^ Second place~ Congratulations Shiharu and Riceeman.

It looks indeed like it was a very hard decision to make between Riceeman's and Katana's sprites, but in the end I think Foxhound made the right choice. Riceeman coulda guaranteed his victory moreso by making the sprite's body more detailed. Good going, all of you~ I think some of the nonwinning entries were pretty good too, actually, especially The G.o.D's absolthing and Shadowcat's Rapidash skeleton. But that's just me. Good going everyone!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Can you tell us about the scores of the others?
    I don't know, maybe we'd have some comment about the other ones.

Oh yeah, are you making another contest? (I didn' quite notice.)

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Can you tell us about the scores of the others?
    I don't know, maybe we'd have some comment about the other ones.

Oh yeah, are you making another contest? (I didn' quite notice.)
    Someone will make the November contest, I asked Ray for the December contest, etc.

It's the PA Monthly Contest, not just some random contest Matt made.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Wow, I got third. I agree with all critiscm, and I think Katana should've got third. Thank you anyway, and well done to Shiharu and Zephyrplusle and Katana for some great sprites. Can't wait for the next contest.

Back