• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Octopus Cup: Doubles Tournament

Rachei

Undisputed Doubles Champion
    Years
    Welcome to the Octopus Cup Doubles Tournament!​
    This tournament will have 8 seeds (participants) and will be round robin.
    There will be three rounds, and each participant will play three matches. Winning a match is worth 3 points, a draw is 2 points, and a loss is 1 point. Each round will be a best of three match. After each round pairings will be based on points. So after the first round there will be two matches of winner vs. winner and two matches of "he or she who didn't win" vs. "he or she who didn't win" At the end of three rounds the player with the most points wins, and the player with the second most points gets second!

Tie Breakers​
    In the event of a tie, the first tie breaker will be your win percentage. So if you won 2/0 all three rounds, you have 100% win percentage. If there is a tie of win percentage, then the second tie breaker will be your opponents' points. If you played two opponents who ended the tournament with 7 points and one who ended with 3 points then your opponent point record is 17. If there is still a tie after both win percentage and opponent points, the last tie will then be your opponents' collective win percentage. If after all of that there is still a tie, I'll just give you both the prize!

Prizes!​
    First place will win a full EV trained team of their choice, trained by me, and leveled to 100. Chances are I already have level 100 full EV trained pokemon that you want in which case I'll heart scale or TM the moves you'd like on to a clone, my collection is pretty intense! If I don't have them, I'll breed and train them from scratch. Each pokemon will come with any item in the game you want.

Second place receives a shiny Skarmory. Skarmory is Impish and has the following IVs: 30hp, 31def, 26 specD, 22attack, 9specA, and 17speed. Her name is Cookie and she is EV trained in HP and Defense, she comes with leftovers, and her moves are Toxic, Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Roost. I will heartscale/TM train her moves if you like. Cookie's OT is me, Rachei. This is a clone of my pride and joy pokemon!

My participation. I am creating this tournament so I can play more doubles matches. As such, I will be playing as well. In the event that I win 1st or 2nd place, I will forfeit my prizes to the next highest scoring player. If I play you and beat you, I will give you a master ball and any TM of your choice. If you play me and beat me you will get three of my EV trained level 100 shinies in addition to any other prizes.

Rules!​

No Ubers, No Legendaries, No Hacked Pokemon!
    Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause
    Sportsmanship clause! We all play for fun, so be a good sport.
    Each match has 3 days from the beginning of the round to complete. As such, the tournament should be finished 9 days after it begins. If three days pass and your match has not yet happened, the player who didn't show up forfeits the round. If neither player shows up or there is a disagreement over who didn't show up, you both forfeit. Also if match results come back different you both forfeit.​

Competitors​
    Seed 1: Shi No Tenshi
    Friend Code: 4854-4613-5407

Seed 2: Deathly Hollows
    Friend Code: 4295-9951- 663

Seed 3: Ryan24
    Friend Code: 5026-3927-2336

Seed 4: Diamond Mew
    Friend Code: 3566-4073-5718

Seed 5: Master Krillin
    Friend Code: 3952-8970-5782

Seed 6: Phantom Syndrom
    Friend Code: 1504-8007-2985

Seed 7: Cody B
    Friend Code: 3179-8317-2613

Seed 8: Rachei
    Friend Code: 4253 5808 5383

Last edited:

Rachei

Years
    Alright that's a full list. I'll post round 1 pairings soon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I'm too late too Join :(
    Can I be a sub incase some one drops out ;)

Rachei

Years
    ROUND 1

Shi No Tenshi vs. Master Krillin
    Match Results:

Deathlyhollows vs. Phantom Syndrom
    Match Results:

Ryan24 vs. Cody B
    Match Results:

Xorn vs. Rachei
    Match Results:

This round begins on September 3rd. All matches must be completed by September 6th!
    Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Shi No Tenshi

Mudkip Enthusiast
    Years
    Krillin, get with me here soon and we can try and take care of this battle. PM me and let me know when you're available.

Rachei

Years
    Did not know I needed permission. PMing mod now.

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Nah, it's too avoid all the random-regular tournaments that keep popping up. A lot of people just create them just to "run a tournament" and be the coordinator..I'll admit, it is fun but they just do it instead of waiting for the more unique/actually popular tourneys to get to the next sign-up period so they can join.

In your case, an all doubles tournament is a good idea and unique.

Back