• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Odd mating pairs..?

Theta Sigma

Bushaa!
Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Okay, I dunno if this has been discussed before. I did a search but did not find anything.

I was sitting here, playing Sapphire, and I left my male Torkoal at the Day Care Centre. I already had a female Sandshrew there. When you talk to the guy outside, he says they don't really like each other, but after a while, he's got an egg for me. At first, I thought there had to be some mistake. I accepted the egg and went on my way, but when I came back a while later, there was another egg.

I'm wondering, a Torkoal and a Sandshrew? How is that possible, and what kind of baby would come from that? This ever happen to anyone else?

Theta Sigma

Bushaa!
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Heh, apparently. I'm carrying one of the eggs around to see what hatches from it. Baby Torshrews, anyone? :o

Years
  • How about some Hot Skitty on Wailord action? ;)

The egg groups are just so strange I sometimes think they just drew them out of a hat to determine it. You could pair together, say, a Diglett and a Ninetails, or a Mareep and a Shiftry. There are too many strange combinations to list.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Definately Skitty on Wailord.
    I mean, how could something so tiny can... well yea... with something so huge?

Years
  • Well...try to MALE Pikachu O_o
    I'm being 100% serious here, too. I got about three eggs from two MALE PIKACHU.
    ...only one of the eggs ever hatched though.

Years
  • Those were probably the results of hacks...
    Doubtful. Everything on my Sapphire version works properly, and the fact that I bought it from a legit store(K Mart) and not a used game store like a flea market/GameStop lowers the chance of it being a hack. That's the only out of place thing that has ever happened, and it was only once(I've had my Sapphire version for about five years, and this happened about four years ago). It was probably some sort glitch.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Doubtful. Everything on my Sapphire version works properly, and the fact that I bought it from a legit store(K Mart) and not a used game store like a flea market/GameStop lowers the chance of it being a hack. That's the only out of place thing that has ever happened, and it was only once(I've had my Sapphire version for about five years, and this happened about four years ago). It was probably some sort glitch.

Yea it was probably a glitch, then.

Theta Sigma

Bushaa!
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Heh. Well, the first egg turned out to be a Sandshrew. I wonder if it's because the mother was a Sandshrew, or is it random?

If the latter's the case, I'd ought to drop off my new Absol with something. Hehe, 'twas my first time running into an Absol EVER. It was love at first sight, he was so beautiful. <3 :P

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • It's odd, but it works. As long as the two loves each other, deep inside, it'll work. This is what happens in real life relationship, so I don't see what's wrong with it in the Pokémon game. :P

Étencille

Electric Wonder!
    Years
  • It's odd, but it works. As long as the two loves each other, deep inside, it'll work. This is what happens in real life relationship, so I don't see what's wrong with it in the Pokémon game. :P

BLARGH *Couch* Cheesy *Cough*

No, it's all somewhat logical, if you turn it around and think about it, in a warped sense of mind.. Well, if we know what happens when two people... express their love... Why shouldn't a tiny cat have children with a whale? They are both Mammals.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Wailord and Skitty are definitely the oddest mating pairs, but I guess size doesn't matter, it's Pokemon. :P

Heh. Well, the first egg turned out to be a Sandshrew. I wonder if it's because the mother was a Sandshrew, or is it random?
    It's not random. Whatever Pokemon the mother is, that will be the kind of Pokemon the baby will be too. The moves are gotten from the father.

Anyway, it all depends on the parents' egg groups. If both Pokemon are lets say, in the Fairy egg group, they can breed.

It's odd, but it works. As long as the two loves each other, deep inside, it'll work. This is what happens in real life relationship, so I don't see what's wrong with it in the Pokémon game. :P
    Anddd....
    I don't think in-game sprites have feelings, not to be rude or anything....

Last edited:
    Back