• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Of Love, Death and Pokemon

Volkner-chan

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    Well, My first fanfic. I was inspired do to this because some fanfics here is just awesome.
    well enjoy

The ground was covered in snow, the sky is studded with stars, and the air is cold. I looked into your eyes, and as your eyes connected with mine, tears started to fill my eyes. Regret filled me, but not for the things I did, but for the things I did not do. My hand touched your cheeks, and they were warm. "Hang in there… Help is coming…" was the only thing I could say. Why does it have to end now? Was our dream just a just a mere fantasy, just an illusion?

You… are my joy…and my love. Please stay with me…

The times we had together. I remembered the day we met after being apart for so long…

"Hey!" my friend called out to me, "Are you alright?"

"I'm okay, just that this heat is killing me!" I complained, trying to make myself comfortable.

"It isn't that hot," he replied, " You should have seen the heat wave 3 years ago. Now that was hot." I shrugged, looking at my friend.

You stepped down from the car with a quick, delicate grace. You were lovely. You were tall. The girl who was my childhood friend, the one who I always teased when we were children, has changed. You looked up to me with a smile and I greeted you with an obviously forced smile.

"Hey, Masa," you said with a humorous accent, "It has been so long since we've seen each other."

"You know Masa isn't my name." I said, irritatingly, because of the fact that she keeps calling me that ever since we were young. "I really don't know where you got that name."

"Hey, stop being angry," you winked, "after all, we've just met each other after so many years."

"Yo," I called out to my friend, who was examining the terrain, "Help me put her bags in the trunk."

After we're done, I said to you, mentioning to the car, "Shall we?"

The trip was short and uneventful, and during the trip a shot little glances at you. You looked wonderful in what you're wearing then, and saw a small little red and white ball strapped on the strap of your bag.

When we arrived, I asked you, "Hey, is that Ralts?"

"No, it's Kirlia." You replied.

"Wow, you made her evolve?" I was a little bit surprised, because back in the days she had almost had no interest in Pokemon, much less battling them.

You let Kirlia out of her ball, and I took a long glance to see how she has improved.

"She seems happy," I said.

"Yeah, she's happy with me." You replied.

A long and awkward pause followed.

"You can have her." I said, breaking the silence.

"No, she's yours." You protested.

"Nah, you're the one who trained her," I said, following with, "I was just the one who gave it to you."

Wow, remembering one thing leads to remembering another. So many memories, so little time. Can we remember it all?

"Hey Masa!" you, as a child of eleven years, called to me as I arrived at our own little "Secret base". "Can you help me with this?"

"Uh…" I answered absentmindedly, "Sure."

"What's wrong? Why the long face?"

"Its… Its nothing.

"Come on… I'm your friend. Masa, tell me what's wrong."

"My mother…she died last night…"

"Oh… I'm sorry."

Remember? You helped me back then. You helped me recover and get my life back. And I thought we we're always going to be together. Then a year later…

"Hey." I approached you, on our usual hang-out. "What's up?"

"Oh… hey." You smiled weakly.

"Huh?" I wondered about where your usually happy face is.

"I have to tell you something…"

"What is it?" I asked.

"We're moving."

"What? No way! Where? Why?"

"My dad said it will be on somewhere named Sinnoh…"

"Why?"

"My father's company asked him to lead their branch there… I just can't think of leaving you…I'm sorry."

"I…" I was too shocked to speak.

"I'm sorry Masa…"

"But, you're my only friend."

"Masa…"

"Wait here." I have an idea.

"Hmm?"

When I came back, I was holding a red and white ball. "It's my Ralts." My dad's.

"What? Don't lie to me Masa. That's your dad's." You knew.

"He's not here." Really, he's not.

Wow, another memory. My father was an "artist", a "virtuoso" of the way of Pokemon. He was the League champion, and he was the owner of every contest ribbons of every category. Last time I saw him, I was 7, and he left out for an adventure and left me a team, the best there is. He said that if I raised them, I would be invincible. I heard of him again 7 years later because a friend of him announced his death.

"Masa. I can't accept this. Please keep it." You said.

"I gave this to you so you wont be lonely at your new home." I pressed the ball on your hand. "You know, because of the new unfamiliar places and stuff like that."

You were silent and unmoving for a long time. You gave me a hug, and said, "I'll never forget you."

"Neither will I…" I said, "Good-bye."

"No, not goodbye," you said through the tears, "Just see you later."

I didn't leave my house for days, just lying on my bed staring at the ceiling. When time of your departure came, I still didn't leave, not even to say good-bye.

The night you returned, you threw a party to celebrate your return. I was invited, of course, but I didn't plan to come. I sat back at the hotel (I have no permanent address) watching the television.

I did come, but an hour too late. I looked at the watched and bumped into you. You were angry.

"Huh?" I innocently asked, "Why the angry face?"

"Shut up. You know why I'm angry."

"Hey, don't be too angry, after all, it's your party." It's true.

You were silent for a while.

"Masa…" You finally said.

"You've changed." That was unexpected, especially coming from you. Have I really changed that much?

"Masa, come with me. I want to talk about something." You mentioned towards the balcony.

When arrived at the balcony, You said to me yet another thing that surprised me.

"You stopped caring." You said to me, cold and unemotional.

"Caring? To whom," I asked, a little bit confused. "To you? You know I care a lot about you."

"No, not to me," You said with such a tone that made me feel guilty already, "To them." You pointed towards a group of Pidgey flying in the air.

"To what? The Pidgey?" Still confused.

"No, you idiot!" you said angrily, "I was talking to Pokemon in general!"
    "What?" I looked at you. "What did I do for you to say that? I did nothing."

"Exactly my point." You don't seem to be joking. "You don't do anything!"

"Why?" Then I remembered our promise to protect all of the world's Pokemon together, "You mean our promise?"

I never, in a thousand years, thought that you still think it as serious. I mean, I think you're wasting your time if you think you can save all those critters, plus if you try to do that, you'll have lots of enemies. Now, I think of the idea as absurd and pointless.

"I didn't think of it as serious." I mean it. "Really, I don't."

"What?" You seem to be angrier. "Now you don't take me seriously huh? "

"No, its not that I don't take you seriously." I said. "I mean, the whole idea sounds…"

"What?" You stopped me, and you were now exploding. "You think it's pointless? That's it's none of my business?"

"Uhh… Yeah." There was no point in lying.

"WHAT?" You slapped me, took out Kirlia's ball and gave, no, it's more like throw it at me. "I don't need the help of people who don't care! The only reason I returned is for you! I thought, of all people, you will be the one who'll understand." You looked at me, and then I felt a sudden pain in my heart. "Looks like I'm wrong." You told the crowd to leave in a seemingly impolite manner then you stormed away, furious.

I was silent, and after I the masses left I reflected on our argument. What made you think that way? Then I suddenly recalled about your mother. She died trying to protect the forests and its inhabitants, killed by the greedy people of industrialization. So, you want to emulate her.

I sent out Kirlia. My experience in the past left me uncaring, thinking for only about myself. The two things most important to me were self-preservation and money.

"Kirlia." I said. "I'm sorry but…"

My mind was made up.

"Can you trace your owner?"

I'm gonna tell you I'm sorry.

The Pokemon seemed to understand. It nodded yes, and started searching for her owner.

Tell you that I'll help you.

"Kirlia." I stood up, and the Pokemon understand what I was planning to do. "Teleport!"

In a whisk of light me and Kirlia disappeared.

Tell you that I love you.

We arrived in a tundra, and it was cold. Too bad I didn't bring my jacket. Looking at my navigator, I found out that we we're on top of a mountain range. You're fast. Or the masses back at your house took a long time to go out and in my grief; my sense of time was probably warped.

I saw you probably a few meters away from me, and you were below me. I tried to call for you but realized that too much vibrations may cause avalanches. Then I saw him. A dark figure, also above you, with an Abomasnow was looking at you. Afraid what he might do, I started to walk towards him. What he did next changed our lives from that point onward.

"Abomasnow!" He said, "Avalanche!"

"No! Kirlia! Reflect!"

But the Avalanche attack was strong; it broke through the Reflect barrier.

"No!" I screamed, "Look out!'

It was too late.

"No! Kirlia!" I said pointing to where you used to be, "Teleport!"

"Go! Aggron!" I said, letting a creature out of my pocket, "Dig!"

We recovered you, but you were in a critical condition.

"Kirlia! Tele-" You interrupted me.

"Don't."

"What! Don't give up!"

"No, listen to me, Masa. I-" It was my turn to interrupt.

"Wait!" I stopped in mid sentence." I… I love you."

"What?! Masa!" You were surprised.

"I'm sorry for everything I said. I love you. So much that it kills me to see you like this!"

"Wait… I love you too."

We were interrupted by a menacingly evil voice. "Aw, how romantic," the guy who has the Abomasnow said, "Too bad you're all going to die!"

"Aggron! Heracross!" I sent out my two Pokemon, and for the first time in 6 years, since father died, I engaged in a battle. "Aggron! Headbutt!" The Abomasnow was catapulted in the air… "Heracross! Climb on Aggron and use Megahorn!" The battle was over just as soon as it started

"No!" The man said. "Ah, Time to escape!" He fled using Crobat.

"Wait, Stop!" I was about to chase him but you stopped me.

"Let him go."

So here we are, you, dying, me, freezing. You told me that Kirlia can only teleport one person at a time, she cannot mass teleport, she can't go over great distances more than 2 times a day ( later I realized that we were halfway around the region),and it will overstrain her psychic capacities and possibly kill her.

"Then go!" I said.

"What?"

"Leave me!" I said, "I'm fine! You can send for help!"

"No." You looked at my thin T-shirt and jeans.

"I'm fine!" I repeated.

"Fine. But promise me one thing."

"What is it?"

"Protect Pokemon for me. Help them, nurture them,"

"I will. For you."

Suddenly, you closed your eyes and concentrated. I deduced that you are mentally communicating with Kirlia. After all, you are her owner.

"Masa, I love you." We kissed, and then she pushed me towards Kirlia and said "Kirlia, now!"

I see. You ordered Kirlia to teleport me out of here. You knew that I won't possibly survive alone(for the next town was very far from here,).

I love you too.

3 weeks passed, I didn't bother to attend your funeral, I wasn't the one for boring eulogies, for you were rich, and I anticipated long scripted speech on how great person you were, how fun you are to be with, blah blah blah so on so forth. Hearing those things made me hurt so much. And your boyfriend(not me) was there anyway.

I packed my things, sneaked outside the hotel (No money). As I looked to the sky, I realized this is the start of a new beginning, and as the security guard spotted me, I began to run, run, run as fast as I could, for my new purpose, my new life, a reason for living was waiting for me, a promise waiting to be fulfilled.

End

Last edited:
    Back