• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    This is for all you thoughts, concerns, news, etc. on Diamond and Pearl for the NDS system. Anything that you have to say about these two new games belongs in here until they get their own forum when they are released. Have fun!

EDIT:

Some very helpful links:

The Base Stats, Types, Trait, Egg Group, and other info for Every Pokémon
    Front and Back Sprites for Every Pokémon and Trainer in the game
    List of every attack in the game
    List of level-up and egg moves for Every Pokémon.
    List of every TM/HM

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
    Years
    Well' I'm kinda concerned that Game freak have run out of ideas for new Pokemon, I mean the 3rd gen ones were pretty stupid and unimaginative.

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
    Years
    Ah now that is a common complaint, as most of the Ruby and Saphire pokemon were still imaginative but yet know where near as good as the original 151. I think they'll make another 100 but they'll have great difficulty to make 50 (totally new[no new evolutions])!

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    Dragonite Tamer said:
    Well' I'm kinda concerned that Game freak have run out of ideas for new Pokemon, I mean the 3rd gen ones were pretty stupid and unimaginative.

What are you talking about! R/S/E?XD we're all very good espically XD.

Anyhow I hope they do something special with the Jigglypuff family in D/P!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    FireKP1 said:
    What are you talking about! R/S/E?XD we're all very good espically XD.

Anyhow I hope they do something special with the Jigglypuff family in D/P!
    What do you mean? Jigglypuff line already has a pre-evo and evo...

I hope GameFreak actually do something with neglected first gen Pokemon.

Like Tangela and Lickitung.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Dragonite Tamer said:

Agreeing, considering the likes of Plusle/Minun/Luvdisc/Taillow. Although Pokemon like Snorunt make me go "wtf O_o" and the legendaries are pretty cool

Anyways, I think they might make an even 500 species of Pokemon, and the 501st Pokemon will be another Mew/Celebi/Jirachi.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Link2005 said:
    but how? how are you going to link back from gba games on a ds?
    DS has 2 slots. One for DS games and one for GBA carts. I think you get my drift :p

Same thing they did for Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Red/Blue.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2006
    I've heard a rumor that you don't have to be a Trainer. The rumor says you can join the Teams (Rocket, Magma, Aqua) or become a Gym Leader.
    I don't believe it, but it is still a possibility, as we don't know much about Pearl and Diamond.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Cyndapack said:
    I've heard a rumor that you don't have to be a Trainer. The rumor says you can join the Teams (Rocket, Magma, Aqua) or become a Gym Leader.
    I don't believe it, but it is still a possibility, as we don't know much about Pearl and Diamond.

Blargh, most likely false. Ninetendo is not going to change around Pokemon?s storyline and if they did, it would be for the third ?special? version like Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I personally think that being able to be a team member or a gym leader is a pretty sweet idea, but not for the latest game in the handheld adventure series. Whenever you change something that drastically, there's always a chance of losing old fans and attracting a new crowd of people, which I really don't want to see happen to Pokemon. If they did that at all, I'd prefer if they did it in a "side" game specifically for that. However, I do wonder how exactly they could pull something like that off. I guess if you were in a team you could go on missions and things like that, but what about being a gym leader? What would you do, sit around in a gym for hours and hours waiting for some newb trainer to show up?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2006
    Well my favorite pokemon is Munchlex.That will be there with new ones too.But Iwill keep you posted because, I have a ds,and a game cube.

Roffle

Banned
    Years
    DIAMOND AND PEARL ANNOUNCEMENT (not huge news, but it is positive!)

As quoted from Bulbapedia:

"While no formal release date has yet been announced, an official statement was made today at the Nintendo DS Conference! Spring 2006 (ニンテンドーDS カンファレンス! 2006.春」), promising that the eagerly awaited Pok?mon Diamond and Pearl games will be released in Japan sometime before the years end. This is the first official statement regarding the games since the original announcement of the games being in development.

Sadly, no further information on the games was forthcoming. As always, Bulbanews will keep a close eye on further developments."

Reference:
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Diamond_and_Pearl_announcement

Ziggy

Gaming 24/7 < (very true)
    Years
    END OF THE YEAR!!

awwwwwww, I'm going to have to wait till next year to play it then.

.........whoopee......

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2006
    To much time between the pokemon game releases, and even worse. we in europe get it later then america + japan. >,<

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2006
    :) Maybe I could send you some screen shots from America:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back