• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I've noticed an influx of "so-and-so heard from a reputable source that ____ is a new Pokémon..." threads. I don't want to ban the guessing and speculation that comes with a new rumour but when those rumours (sometimes) turn out to be true, it really clutters up the section because often a new thread is made and it's hard to tell whether to merge it into the old, speculation-only thread or close said thread or what.

So! This is the official rumours thread. If you get wind of a rumour feature, new Pokémon, etc., make a post in here! Just keep in mind these short requests:
    • Please don't make up your own rumours.
    • Try to list a source wherever possible.
    • When/if a rumour is confirmed, please stop discussing it in this thread and make a new thread with the official information in it.
    Hopefully this will declutter the place without restricting discussion. So have at it!

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • I think if Heracross were to obtain an evolution, it would be similar to Scyther's, in that it's not necessarily better; just different.

Years
  • not heracross, pinsir. heracross is already fighting and bug they wont make it fighting and steel

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Heracross doesn't need an evo :(

How will they make Leavi's last Evo not look like Arbok/Seviper? Oh, the arc will be above the head :)

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • I think both Pinser and Heracross should gain an evolution, but apart from that, I don't really know of any rumours about Black/White... Except Gear has (According to Bulbapedia) an English name now, it's Giaru. Just thought you guys might want to know.

Years
  • All because my small harmless theard that didn't do anything bad to anyone :(

Atleast you should merge that thread to this one so all those wonderful posts would not be completely waste and the discussion would be able to continue.

But yeah, Official Rumours-thread sound kinda silly. But maybe we really need one so threads won't pop up like mushrooms in autumn.

But yeah, someone should post some rumours so this will not turn into offtopic :P

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • REMEMBER THAT THESE MAY BE FALSE AND ARE UNCORFIRMED
    Here are some rumors; from Pokéjungle:
    * Besides the Kurimori gaf, the Japanese names from the GameFAQs post ARE more or less correct.
    * Pokabu's evolution is named Boirubuta (ボイルブタ) and is reminiscent of a "stove" (Basically boil + pig). Final evolution is named Ranranbo (ランランボ) (Ranran = flaming). Ranranbo is a boar with steam coming out.
    * Tsutaja's evolution is named Tsutawaiya (ツタワイヤ) (tsuta = ivy) and final evolution is named Tsutatesura (ツタテスラ) (Tsuta = ivy). Final is a green cobra-ish Pokemon.
    * Mijimaru's evolution is named Yuudatsu (ユウダツ) (datsu = otter) and final evolution is named Rakkobushi (ラッコブシ) (Otter Warrior). Rakkobushi is a big otter with shells across its body.
    * Heracross gets an evolution named Atokurosu (アトクロス) (Kurosu = Cross)
    * New pokemon resembling an umbrella named Kasame (カサメ) (could be mixing umbrella + shark)
    * New steel type called Toraroiya (トラロイヤ) (No idea, but tora = tiger)
    # New Pokemon: Memera (メーメーラ) – Red sheep pokemon that has a smoke-cloud-ish body. (Me-me- is like baa-baa-)
    # New Pokemon: Makkusuma (マックスマ) – Possible new fire/ice type that is similar to an icicle but also has flames coming out of it
    # Namakusu (ナマクス) -> Onokusu (オノクス) -> Ononokusu (オノノクス)
    # Atokurosu is probably based on Atlas, from Greek mythology (Just like Heracross, Hercules)
    # Kasame has one eye, might be ghost/water. Based on the kasa-obake of Japanese folklore (pic of japanese painting)
    # Toraroiya is a very mechanical pokemon with a large body.
    # ENGLISH names for the starters were hinted at, with their names playing off of slither, hog, and rookie.
    The toys are named (Green)Nezumimi (ネズミミ) and (Brown)Namakusu (ナマクス) according to source

From Pokébeach:
    ...Current rumors hold that Black and White's professor is female and named Araragi, that the evil team is named Team Plasma, that there will be triple battles, that there are around 150 new Pokemon, and that the silhouettes of the region's legendary trio look like cotton, a dog, and a bipedal animal....
    ...Other completely unconfirmed rumors floating around are that the plot doesn't involve collecting eight badges, that the main character knows how to excavate ruins, and that the protagonist's father is an explorer...
    * There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
    * Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
    * Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
    * In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.
    * One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
    * Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.
    * Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru had rough designs over this past year or so, but in the last few months received major overhauls, becoming the final designs we see today.

SOURCES:
    https://pokebeach.com/
    https://pokejungle.net

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012

* Pokabu's evolution is named Boirubuta (ボイルブタ) and is reminiscent of a "stove" (Basically boil + pig). Final evolution is named Ranranbo (ランランボ) (Ranran = flaming). Ranranbo is a boar with steam coming out.

Oh Pokabu sounds pretty cool now as his final evo well at least better than the other two.

He took the place of my future starter. Who was previously Tsutaja.

Years
  • Hey in the Pokémon Movie 13:n, there is city called Crown City. Do you think it will be actual city in the games Black & White or movie only?

Fun fact:

Crown City is accually real village in United Stages, Ohio.

farage5

The Dead ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Namakusu (ナマクス) looks extremely familiar to me. I think I've seen it somewhere before BW was revealed.

Prince of the Sea

#1 Manaphy Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    Correction rage!

# Atokurosu is probably based on Atlas, from Greek mythology (Just like Heracross, Hercules)
    I can't take it anymore! Heracles! HERACLES! Heracles comes from Greek mythology. Hercules is the more common standard name given to him by Rome and the West, but doesn't it make more sense? Heracles - Heracross?

Besides, it's not the mythlogical demigod that Heracross is based on. It's based on the Hercules beetle, which is commonly found in Japan. But there is such thing as an Atlas beetle, found in further southern regions of Asia. (sounds like a possibility, given Isshu's far proximity to the other regions)

Last edited:

DanTheMan12345

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    I looked on a few Youtube Videos and saw a little clip of the 13th movie. I also heard the Black/White Mew/Mewtwo battle music, so Mew and Mewtwo are in the Isshu region.
    Oh yeah, and 75% of people use cheats?!?!?!?!? Where did you get THAT from?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The Legendary Trio is most likly wrong. The Trio are always realated,never diffrent.
    What do you mean? If you mean all have a same animal/ type in common...your kind of wrong as the Weather trio don't share any animal/type with each-other...but they do have a myth they are based on in common...so your right...maybe this new trio will have one!?

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
  • ^i dont see how they could make a third member. this is yin yang and there isint room for a third. I think it will be like gen 2, with a duo for the pair games, and a leader from another trio for the third game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back