• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Oh Do You Know the Poffin Plan" Episode Discussion

Years
    Here is where you can discuss the concept of Poffins and a masked Roserade in "Oh, Do You Know the Poffin Plan."

My review to come forthwith. Sorry for lateness.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    YAY!!! I am first today to post in this thread.

Let me say that I just love this episode!!! It was so funny and then the final fight was great!!! Team Rocket really pulled all the stops in this battle. For a long while they were doing really good too.

Also they finally mention something about contests in Hoenn. Did you notice that both Ash and Team Rocket mention the PokeBlocks from Hoenn. I so didn't expect that since they been trying to push away everything from Hoenn. Still I missed Pokeblocks. They looked so much more cooler. Teeheehe

I have to say that my fave part was when Team Rocket in battle. They even got Wobbuffet and Mime Jr inot the battle. Coolies.

Two thumbs up!!! Teeheehee

fate

PK Awesome
    Years
    bah, I slept over and missed the eps. I really wanted to see this since it featured Roserade, one of my favorite 4th gen pokemon.

So... they gonna reair this ep anytime soon? I know there's a marathon Monday, I assume it'll be on then, but...

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
    Years
    I loved this episode, I mean geez for over a month for some new episodes hehe. I loved it when Dawn and Ash tried to make poffins lol. Ash burned his, and Dawn's came out ok but tasted terrible XD ( Does this remind you of May when she tried making pokeblocks? )

Roserade was awesome especially when it had that scarf on it like a ninja lol. Is it just me, or did Team Rocket seem to have the upper hand for a change in this episode? Usually it takes one thunderbolt and they blast off lol, finally they get a chance to shine at least for a few minutes lol.

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    Really ****ing creepy awesome when Roserade had it's eyes closed and the scarf on, and then roserade opened its eyes.. really cool. I love those kind of effects :D

The episode itself was good, we got to see all of TRs Pokemon(was a while since we last saw dustox), and also a tickle attack, haha.

Also, I laughed my ass off when brock said "Croagunk, Poison sting on the Poison sting", hahaha.

Years
    Naturally Brock got the recipe right the first time. It was also great to see him battle, it happens so infrequently. And he needs a few more Pokemon. :cheeky:

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I woke up about halfway through...but I liked what I saw. The battle animations were actually not that bad...but I was still a little behind as far as the plot goes, so I can't say anything more.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Lol Tickle attack xD

This episode was great ^.^ Good to see Roserade in the anime ^.^

Years
    Finally watched it today.

My God, Dawn was so bothersome in this one. First, she chides Ash about not knowing Poffin, then she chides on his being loud/rude regarding the Roserade, plus her spiel about cooking Poffin just right? Thankfully, the next episode will compensate, but until then.... Shakes fist at Dawn's mini-skirt.

Anyway, it is nice for other things: the Pokeblock reference, the Floaroma game canon backstory, a Lotad (but a horrible dub voice), the Psychic Rocket Pokemon actually battling and a Roserade with a complex. While the Roserade saves the day and is featured early on, it really hadn't done much for the story, now, did it? Compare the ratio of screentime/scripting between that and the Poffin cooking/entrance to Floaroma. Big difference, methinks.

And the cold opening seems a little more disjointed than usual. Hm. Otherwise, it is an alright re-hashing of the the 1st Berry/Pokeblock episodes.

Anyhow, it reminded me how I hated Pokeblocks back, and I feel the exact same way to Poffins, as well. Pity they couldn't reference May and her Munchlax with the infamous "Pink Surprise," yes?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Ack it took this long for someone to upload it to YouTube! Time to copy and paste my comments

- I didn't realise Roserade was so big. But it looks SO much better and cuter in the animee than the games
    - They mentioned Pokeblock. Yet they didn't mention May or Misty. Makes ya think...
    - Sandgem Town BGM!
    - Flow-oroma? I thought it was floor-aroma haha
    - LOL at Carnivine and Cacnea coming out at the same time. I've been waiting for that for ages
    - Wobbuffet drives the car at one point haha
    - Counter looks weird now. Or just different
    - Lotad's voice is no longer cool
    - Roserade sounded EXACTLY like Ash at one point

Quotes: Meowth wins today

Meowth: Bugity, bugity, bugity, shoo
    (why does that remind me of something?)
    Meowth: Ninja nutjob

Random point: I don't know if anyone picked up on this but there was a film called Schindler's List that was about the Nazi's and World War 2. Anyway, all of it was in black and white (or a scene, I forget) EXCEPT for a part where a girl was walking down the road. EVERYTHING was black and white except for a RED SCARF. In this ep there was a black and white scene where the only colour was the red scarf. Is it possible its a movie reference?

Now to watch ep 26

Years
    Ack it took this long for someone to upload it to YouTube! Time to copy and paste my comments

- LOL at Carnivine and Cacnea coming out at the same time. I've been waiting for that for ages
    - Wobbuffet drives the car at one point haha
    - Counter looks weird now. Or just different

Random point: I don't know if anyone picked up on this but there was a film called Schindler's List that was about the Nazi's and World War 2. Anyway, all of it was in black and white (or a scene, I forget) EXCEPT for a part where a girl was walking down the road. EVERYTHING was black and white except for a RED SCARF. In this ep there was a black and white scene where the only colour was the red scarf. Is it possible its a movie reference?

Now to watch ep 26

Yes, there goes my fun of making a thread about that. Heh. At least, the Grass Rocket Pokemon aren't afraid to share Jimmy. Shifty eyes.

Anyway! Well, it's not weird for Wobbuffet to drive, as it often helps with the schemes. Just never at the mecha stage, much. Besides, there should be a driver backup besides Meowth.

As for the scarf, I don't honestly know. On the other hand, they referenced Groucho Marx in the Orange Island, so anything is possible. So, I would defer to your take, until I see something different.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Oh my. I wouldn't trust Wobbuffet driving period. Teeheeheehee I mean I know this is a cartoon but how does it drive with three feet. Teeheehee Still I didn't notice that when I saw the episode but coolies I guess. Teeheehee

That explains why the scarf was red while everything was black and white. Intresting. I would like to see that but I know that something like that was done in the anime Big O where everything was gray/black and white and this balloon was red and that balloon played a big role in that episode. Still I understand and that would explain a lot.

Teeheeheee With you having that James avy Dark Charaxes, I just can't help to laugh when you said Sharing Jimmy. Teeheehee

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I was thinking more that Wobbuffet has a single leg XD

Andy Warhol was mentioned in a Smeargle episode in Johto League Champions

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Cool! I didn't even like the film. We had to watch it in history and the red scarf thing was about the only thing I paid attention to, only because our teacher pointed it out.

Back