• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh, seriously? You've got to be kidding me!

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    While I love playing action games online, struggling to win or flat out losing solely because of my opponents' lag is rather annoying...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I can only think of one game, White Knight Chronicles. Don't get me wrong, that game is awesome. But the more I played it, its like it was made just to get me angry. The more I progressed the more giant monsters I had to fight, and the fact that you're sometimes forced to fight these giant things that dwarf you in size just seemed to get really unfair, especially since you have to wait at least 5-10 seconds just to attack.

But also scenarios like this that happen in Pokemon:

Pokemon Black > Battle Subway > Double Battle > 3rd round(The round where you battle the Subway Boss at the end).

"Oh I'm gonna win this battle easy, Emboar use Wild Charge!!!"

"Quick Claw made it move first, Beheeyem used Psychic!!!"

"Emboar fainted"

BULL♥♥♥♥!!!!

Is it just me or does it seem like in the Battle Subway, things like that just happen more often? More than once have I lost because things like Quick Claw kick in not once but up to THREE TIMES!!!

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
    Most PvP on an MMO or FPS. It's like people dedicate their lives to playing them, so I have absolutely no chance of winning. One of the few exceptions I can think of is Unreal Tournament, I pwn that game.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    I was playing Mario Kart 7, working on getting all three stars on each course. I'm at Rainbow Road on 150cc, finish line in sight, and then I get hit by not three, not four, but five shells of different kinds, which in the process end up knocking me off the course! And I end up finishing the race in eighth place. :(

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Mass Effect 2 when the aliens invade the ship and Joker has to go to that area. Took me hours to figure how to not get stopped by the giant alien.

NatureKeeper

Super Mario Bros. 'Nuff Said.

Final Fantasy VII: I was battling Rufus, and I was finally beating him. And I didn't know FFVII had an ATB system. Anyway, so I went off momentarily, and I came back to 4 HP and shortly after the Game Over screen. It took me a week to start playing again.

...Blank drawn.

5th Era Games:

Pokémon LeafGreen: Gary Oak (Not really his fault), Last Pokémon. His Arcanine vs My Charizard. I am using Struggle when suddenly, screen fades. Battery flat.

Grand Theft Auto: SA: Remember Tanker Commander? After driving through the Gas Stations, Los Santos and then back to the Country Side. Trailer detaches. Controller successfully damaged.

That's about them, I guess.

6th Era:

Mario Kart DS: I was playing Local Multiplayer, and I was taking the lead. Just before the finish line, Red Shell, Blue Shell... I got pissed off.

Mario Kart Wii: Pretty much every time I remembered Wii uses the Gyroscope instead of the Directional Buttons. And also Rainbow Road.

No other games pissed me off. I am not that easy to be angered over a video game.

7th Era:

Just once in Rumble Blast, brutal EX Battle Royale, 1 left, I die. Was pissed off temporarily. But I was persistent though.

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
    Years
    The most I have raged at games are normally FPS's.
    I never understand how people can just kill me in the ways I have been killed. For example, me emptying a full mag into the back of someone, only for them to turn around and one shot kill me.

SERIOUSLY DUDE, WTF?!​
    This. 1000x this. How I'm playing MW3, attempt to stab someone, and always, always miss, no matter how close I am and how clearly direct the stab is. Yet every time I'm within a 10-foot radius of someone, I get stabbed without fail. Or in Halo, emptying my DMR into someone with seemingly no effect, then subsequently dying and seeing "______ killed you with a headshot."

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Same. FPS games are trolling me all the time. Everyone else kills me with grenades but I can't get a kills with them. It takes more than one bullet to kill enemy with sniper but enemies kills me with just a one bullet. I get killed by killstreaks but when it's my time to call chopper someone shoots it down.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Multiple times in the Battle Frontier/Tower...
    Examples:
    *Encountering a shiny Seviper in the Battle Arcade that naturally, I couldn't catch.
    *Going through the Battle Hall with Jolteon. I reach battle 50 on two occasions. First time, the Brain uses Blissey. Second time she uses Swampert. Both of which Jolteon has NO chance of beating.
    *Random Sheer Colds/Quick Claws/Focus Sash stealing victory from me.

Numerous "blue shell" incidents in various Mario Kart games.

Any turn based RPG where enemies can pile on multiple status effects at once. In one, my character was simultaneously stunned, venomed, and silenced. Which, as she was a magic user, pretty much rendered her useless. Which sucked because she was my only party member with magic that could put a serious dent in that boss's HP...

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    The fact that I was playing against Real Madrid as Barcelona on Fifa 11. They get a free-kick from 50 yards out. He whips a ball in, and it bounces in the penalty area before going right over my 'keeper and into the net. FUUUUU!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    NHL 11 Be a GM Mode trying to make rediculous trades for that one player I really want. That and getting my online blayer to get good enough overall ratings to get up to Legend.
    I have a feeling I may be the only NHL player here though.

Spending a few hours on a new Pokemon game only to be left unable to save because I forgot I had to do the buttons to delete the old save data..

Back