• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen OK that's just stupid

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    OK, I'm playing through Leaf Green. One of the members of my team is my Dugtrio. great! it's ability is Sand Veil! Fantastic!

So I'm going through Victory road and I find the Sanstorm TM. Woot! My Dugtrio will be stealthy!

DUGTRIO CAN'T LEARN SANDSTORM.

....and Snorlax can.

Years
    Lol, I can't believe Dugtrio can't learn Sandstorm in 3rd gen, instead, it can learn... Sunny Day?! What's the point of that! Is it trying to be Solarbeam bait? T_T

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Well that is dumb that it can't learn sandstorm, since sand is a kind of ground, I guess. But it does make sense that it can learn sunny day. After all, ground pokemon are weak against water, so they would want the ground dry.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Wow...And I thought Shoddy was fail because Snorlax could learn Whirlwind :D

Dugtrio learns it in fourth gen though. But you're right, that's just stupid.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    OK, I'm playing through Leaf Green. One of the members of my team is my Dugtrio. great! it's ability is Sand Veil! Fantastic!

So I'm going through Victory road and I find the Sanstorm TM. Woot! My Dugtrio will be stealthy!

DUGTRIO CAN'T LEARN SANDSTORM.

....and Snorlax can.

._.

Woooooooooow.

Wow.

That's great. That is just fantastic.

What the heck. Makes no sense at all. I wanna rofl at this.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    This move has been around since Gen II. Why has it been all the way to Gen. IV to fix it? WHY didn't they look and see if Dugtrio was packing Sandstorm before they gave it SAND VEIL for goodness sakes!

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I think Nintendo had an off day when they were programming Dugtrio. There's no other explination.

Johnny Jones

Got to get Diamond soon!
    Years
    That's just the thing you want to find out when you've raised your Dugtrio, waiting for Sandstorm all the time!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    kitsune still its not the same. Nintendo had te 3rd gen as a phail gen. It had no connection to any other gen and it still has no connections. Its a phail gen thats why. But sandstorm and sand vail is a pretty good combo. There are some other moves that dont make sence.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Dudes... This is by far the most funniest thang i've ever heard... lol cant even show how im laughing my heads off here...
    Dugtrio, a ground pokemon... cant learn Sandstorm, a ground type move...
    How is that possible? Are ya sure... holy crap, this is stupid!!
    Dudes! Grab ya pitchforks and shotguns coz we're headin to nintendo's hq!!!

Back