• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Okamiden: A worthwhile sequel to Okami?

miharuzee

*zoning out*
    Years
    So I've played Okami on the wii and feel it's quite possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played. Now Capcom is coming up with this sequel to Okami, supposedly, which is Okamiden.

Now naturally I should be ecstatic right? Well the fact is that the original developers behind Okami, Clover Studios, were fired by Capcom. That means they won't be taking any part in Okamiden.
    In addition to that, Okamiden is being released for the DS which is disappointing. I wanted to see its sequel on the wii or ps3 at least.
    Lastly, Okamiden seems to be a very cute game. One look at its trailer and main character, and you'll see what I mean. I'm not too sure if this is a good thing or not for an Okami sequel.

What are your thoughts on this upcoming sequel? Will it be able to live up to its amazing predecessor Okami? Or will it be just one huge flop?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    You didn't find the first Okami game cute? I did.

Anyway, I think Okamiden will be really good. Maybe even better than the first one...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I watched the most recent trailer and while absolutely adorable, it also retained the beauty and elegance of the original game, I thought. I do feel that the original game was fine and honestly doesn't need a sequel, and I am iffy about its sequel if only because Clover disbanded, but I still have high hopes for it and can't wait to play it. :) It looks like they're playing to the DS's strengths and not going for an over complicated look, which is good, so I can't wait to see where they go with it.

It probably won't be as good as the original, but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm good with the adorableness because...its adorable. Watching the trailers just makes me want to play it.

It'd be nice to see Clover working on the title, but oh well.

Back