• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old features in need of a comeback?

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    What old features need a desperate comeback? From Yellow, we need to see certain pokemon in your party tail you where you go. From Gold/Silver/Crystal, I believe the puzzles we had to do to unlock unknown were fun, the Pokeradio and it's channels, bug catching zone, specific pokemon battlegrounds (Eevee house), multi-region gameplay, and Red, the ultimate trainer, waiting for you at the top of the mountain. From Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, underwater areas, berry blender (so much better than Poffin baking), and creative ways to use the bike. Personally, the ones I believe are in most need are the bug catching zone and the multi-region gameplay.

Man, what we really need is a game that just spawns throughtout every series. You start in Gold/Silver/Crystal area, move to Red/Blue/Yellow area and fight the Elite 4 with Drake having a level 42 Dragonair as his highest level pokemon. Progress to Ruby/Saphire/Emerald territory, fighting the Elite 4 with Steven having a level 60 Metagross as his MVP. Progress finally into Sinnoh, destroy the Elite 4 with Cynthia having a level 80 Garchomp as her most powerful pokemon. Then, return to Gold/Silver/Crystal and face Red at the top of Silver Mountain, and he has a level 85 Pikachu, a level 87 Venasaur/ Blastoise/ Charizard, a level 85 Snorlax, and a level 90 Tyranitar. Then there's online play and GTS to occupy you beyond that. That would possibly be the most perfect game ever.

Roihu

In America
    Years
  • No cause that would be for a wii or something and I don't have one ;(
    Anyways that's too much data I don't think even something like the Wii could handle it. Anyways I also think there would be too many badges to have. And with that by the time you get to Hoenn you would be like lv 80 and by the time you get to Sinnoh you'll be like lv 100 =/

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Hrm.
    It's a good plain in theory, but then what would they do for the next generation? Plus, I think Roihu is right, that's alot of imformation to stuff into one game.
    Although, I'm not above the thought of putting it on the Wii.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    No cause that would be for a wii or something and I don't have one ;(
    Anyways that's too much data I don't think even something like the Wii could handle it. Anyways I also think there would be too many badges to have. And with that by the time you get to Hoenn you would be like lv 80 and by the time you get to Sinnoh you'll be like lv 100 =/

Wut do you mean the wii cant handle it? the wii has nothing to do with it... the disks do. Thats y if they did make it... MULTIPLE DISKS

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Wut do you mean the wii cant handle it? the wii has nothing to do with it... the disks do. Thats y if they did make it... MULTIPLE DISKS

That would be one way of handling all of that information. PLus when it's on Wii they could keep adding things to the games. I don't think a game of that caliber could fit on any other nintendo system except for the Wii.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    ok... i guess that'd b tyt... but i think that they should switch the grafics... like have really good metal area... n bad grafics in color area

nilved

Leafeon pwns you.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011

Last edited:

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
  • From all the stuff that was put on G/S/C, probably the only two systems that could handle it all would be a DS and the Wii. The only reason I said DS was cause D/P are pretty advanced, and the DS would probably be able to handle it.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • What old features need a desperate comeback? From Yellow, we need to see certain pokemon in your party tail you where you go. From Gold/Silver/Crystal, I believe the puzzles we had to do to unlock unknown were fun, the Pokeradio and it's channels, bug catching zone, specific pokemon battlegrounds (Eevee house), multi-region gameplay, and Red, the ultimate trainer, waiting for you at the top of the mountain. From Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, underwater areas, berry blender (so much better than Poffin baking), and creative ways to use the bike. Personally, the ones I believe are in most need are the bug catching zone and the multi-region gameplay.

Man, what we really need is a game that just spawns throughtout every series. You start in Gold/Silver/Crystal area, move to Red/Blue/Yellow area and fight the Elite 4 with Drake having a level 42 Dragonair as his highest level pokemon. Progress to Ruby/Saphire/Emerald territory, fighting the Elite 4 with Steven having a level 60 Metagross as his MVP. Progress finally into Sinnoh, destroy the Elite 4 with Cynthia having a level 80 Garchomp as her most powerful pokemon. Then, return to Gold/Silver/Crystal and face Red at the top of Silver Mountain, and he has a level 85 Pikachu, a level 87 Venasaur/ Blastoise/ Charizard, a level 85 Snorlax, and a level 90 Tyranitar. Then there's online play and GTS to occupy you beyond that. That would possibly be the most perfect game ever.

So, basically, combine every single game?

I'm for it.

I want the Radio back, it was fun. XD And travelling to all reigons would be awesome beyond belief. If they make a game like that for the DS, I'm going to buy it. Plus an early Japanese version in case a glitch slips in there again. XD

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    Great Minds Think Alike

SEND ME AN EMAIL CAUSE IVE BEEN THINKIN DA SAME. I SAY WE ALL GET TOGETHER AND WRITE DA GREATEST STORY LINE INCLUDING GYM LEADERS, ETC THE WORKS AND TAKE IT TO GAME FREAK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

jose
    [email protected]

we can get rich and play pkmn all we want. yeah!!

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    Oh, and was I the only person who thought that an endgame boss, like Red from G/S/C and Steven from E, was one of the most awsome things ever?

Years
  • Oh, and was I the only person who thought that an endgame boss, like Red from G/S/C and Steven from E, was one of the most awsome things ever?

I liked that too. Having to fight Red and Steven is nice to battle them over and over again and earn some decent experience points. I hope they have something similar if they release a third game to go with Diamond and Pearl.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    They will probably add all this in the Last Generation, which I believe is the next Generation. They could fit it onto a DS Cart but there maybe a new Handheld by then. I'm all for it, and This should really be in the Pokemon General Board.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    People could practically put almost anything on a DS card, since its capacity can actually go up to 4GB or even more, perhaps. Guess what? D/P itself is less than a tenth of a GB. Without worrying about loading times, people could very well put in multiple regions in a Pokémon game.

And don't worry about graphics in the DS if you're concerned; the graphics in D/P are next to nothing when compared to stuff like Brothers in Arms, and other major 3D free-scrollers.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    People could practically put almost anything on a DS card, since its capacity can actually go up to 4GB or even more, perhaps. Guess what? D/P itself is less than a tenth of a GB. Without worrying about loading times, people could very well put in multiple regions in a Pokémon game.

And don't worry about graphics in the DS if you're concerned; the graphics in D/P are next to nothing when compared to stuff like Brothers in Arms, and other major 3D free-scrollers.

That's what I was thinking, even though the DS carts have 4GB of memory; there's nothing stopping Nintendo from making bigger DS Cards Like they can do with Memory Sticks/Cards ETC. I still think this should be in the Pokemon General board. (Wow, look at me Mini Mod! XD)

Last edited:

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
  • If they need more space they could always ditch the last two generations of pokemon, and their should be more character interaction and more rival trainers (im doing a similar thing in a fan-fiction story im writing) plus the level system is too rigid

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    As far as making a game that spans multiple regions, they could always make trainers weaker at the beginning of each region, and give you a chance to train multiple parties and get some really strong mons to mix and match when you play online.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2007
    This could work, but I doubt it will ever happen. If it does, you should have to leave your team from the previous region in your pc until after you beat the elite 4 in the next one, but then put back before you advance again and then finally be able to use all of them once you beat the final region. As for old features, I loved the Bug Catching Contest, and the radio. And as for a new one, how about faster surfing?

Years
  • the radio was great and the bug thing but my fav was the berry blinder i loved blinding with the berry master in emrald oh and the tv news in emarld like when the tell you about the sale in the store and sawrm in the some routes

Back