• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old guy newly addicted to Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    My friends and relatives think this is abnormal or a sign of regression, I say it's just a sign of good game design.

I am in my thirties and just discovered the DS and the Pokemon games. I've spent so much time doing work and career stuff i haven't had time to game since the NES came out. Or thereabout.

Anyway. I just wanted to say hi, I am old but I am a Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver addict nonetheless. It all started when I fell asleep watching Adult Swim and woke up and DP was on. I got sucked in shortly thereafter.

Anyway, I'm here mostly to observe but also ask for some help in getting past the Elite 4 in HG (actually, it's the Champ that has me messed up). But i'll post that in the appropriate forum.

Hello to all.
    Thanks,
    jayson

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Fun doesn't have an age limit, welcome to the community buddy.

Hope you enjoy your stay, I'm sure you'll. :classic:

No problem dude, as long as you're enjoying something, then it's worth it.

Glad to see people of your age playing a Nintendo DS (no offense), it's just awesome.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    thank you graciously to both of you :)

That's what i've been saying exactly! Fun doesn't have to have an age limit.
    I was concerned with appearances at first. Now I don't care.

Thanks,
    J

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    Bah on people who act like there is something wrong with having fun! My husband plays Magic the Gathering and we're both avid gamers. Pokèmon is the bomb! :D

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Hi there !

Saying those who like Pokemon are retarded is just a proof of stupidity from them, imo xP

Welcome aboard and have fun on the PokeCommunity 8D

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    Yeah! Stick it to the man by not conforming to the rules of society and continuing to play video games!!! :)

Welcome to PC, and hope to see you around the site. We don't bite so don't be shy about posting. (as long as the rules are followed, of course ^_^;)

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    You can never be too old to play video games. That is just not possible. I'll be 80 years old and doing this.

If you want anyone to talk to just send me a message!

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    Hey Jeyson, welcome to the forums, pal. xD

People sometimes think so...liking pokemon is not at all a abnormality sign. ;)

Anyways, I am sure that you may have read the rules & FAQ.

If any problem, then just contact the staff. :3

See ya later~

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    gals and guys;

just wanted to say thanks for the welcomes, offers of chat and help, and all that good stuff :) I may take you up on those! I have to give a shout out to rickyisgreat for helping me today with some trades to get me past Lance and his army of Dragonites. Definitely check out his services in the trading forum.

Thanks again to everyone :) Excellent forum. I even ordered a couple pokeshirts from ebay, let's see how people react to that haha. Got my Ludicolo up in my avatar and ready to settle in here. (he will probably rotate between Bonsly and Sudowoodo from time to time ;)

Peace to everyone,
    Jayson

Back