• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old Man is actually Old Woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mStar

The Darkness Within
Years
  • Has anyone noticed that the Old men in Platinum actually turn out to be old Women when you battle them?

I was like WTF when I first saw it. At first I tought, hmm, Prolly fergot to change that one, but after that I was LOLing so hard.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Has anyone noticed that the Old men in Platinum actually turn out to be old Women when you battle them?

I was like WTF when I first saw it. At first I tought, hmm, Prolly fergot to change that one, but after that I was LOLing so hard.

What...? If you are referring to their long hair, that is actually not at all rare in Japanese culture. It does not mean that they are women.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • Wait, what? Where in the game does this happen?

One was in the way to Snowpoint City, and another in the cave before the Elite 4.

What...? If you are referring to their long hair, that is actually not at all rare in Japanese culture. It does not mean that they are women.

Um. So I ddnt know guys started wearing long skirts.

Last edited:

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
  • To mStar,

I suggest reading up on Japanese history, the evidence that males did indeed wear such garments is not really that shocking of a revelation.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Old Man is actually Old Woman.
    Its not even a Kimono. Its a pants style that many martial artists some Samurai wear. The red pants and white top right? They are men.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • Those Veteran trainers, right? Yeah, they are men with long hair and a kimono. But I MUST admit that I've found them confusing, too, because their overworld sprites look so different. When they challenge you, they look like bald old men with a white beard, but they turn out to be much younger-looking. And they even have a long, dark grey hair! It has always felt pretty weird to me.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I guess they only had room for one old man sprite. Like how Ace trainers and Dragon tamers share the same sprite.

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
    Years
  • I believe those are hakama, a type of traditional Japanese pants originally worn by men.
    The little sprites don't even have feminine features.. T__T

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • maybe if you studied up on a bit of Japanese culture you wouldn't be so surprised.
    Even without it, it's hard to mistake them for women...

Umm, sorry, but I dont go online to study cultures.
    I have more important things to do

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back