• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old Oak, Young Oak- GS to DPPT thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamhamdan

For info on fake games...
    Years
    I have noticed an error. In DPPT, Oak is older than before. But don't DPPT and GS/HGSS take place around the same time? Well in GS, Oak is younger! Have you noticed any other errors?
    GS artwork of oak attached.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    ok, there's no proof that he is any younger in this picture and since when are DPPl and G/S/C based around the same time?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    ok, there's no proof that he is any younger in this picture and since when are DPPl and G/S/C based around the same time?

Gen IV and Gen II are set in the same timeframe, as are Gen I and III. Which is why FireRed and LeafGreen were remade in Gen III, and vice versa with G/S.

Do we have any gen IV Oak art to confirm what you are saying though?

Years
    I dont think GSC and DPPt are during the same time because Jasmine is at Sunyshore city.

Red Gyarados; kthx. The Red Gyarados in Lake of Rage was disturbed by the radio frequencies used by Team Rocket during the events of Generation II, and at the beginning of the Generation IV games we see a report stating that the Red Gyarados had eluded reporters. Therefore the beginning of the Generation IV games happens before the events at Lake of Rage in Generation II.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Red Gyarados; kthx. The Red Gyarados in Lake of Rage was disturbed by the radio frequencies used by Team Rocket during the events of Generation II, and at the beginning of the Generation IV games we see a report stating that the Red Gyarados had eluded reporters. Therefore the beginning of the Generation IV games happens before the events at Lake of Rage in Generation II.
    Y'know, I took that to mean that the reporters got there just after the player defeated/captured the red Gyarados, which would put the beginning of Sinnoh's story sometime during the middle of Johto's.

It'd also explain why Jasmine could come to Sinnoh, she's already been defeated and hasn't got anything better to do.

Anyway, Oak looks about the same to me in that picture. I think it's just the angle/costume change, plus Sugimori's style changing over time.

yamhamdan

Years
    oh and i know sugimori left white in rbygsc art but it is blonde in the gs and grey in dp, and in gs his hair didn't change half way through.

Ayselipera

Perhaps now they are just using better details which makes him appear older.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    They look the same to me except the coat ,but its not like wearing a yellow coat takes 5 years off.

yamhamdan

Years
    i'm just pointing out. and look at the colour chart. all I'm saying that it is different. just wait til hgss;)

mod, can we close this thread? i think no-one cares so theres no reason for this thread until hgss.
    oh and btw all, in hgss, they might use sinnoh overworld 4 oak but i'm comparing the original gs and dppt

don't you mean after? it is after the disturbance so after the lake.

don't you mean after? it is after the disturbance so after the lake.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    What that makes no sense. The Lake of Rage isn't anywhere near Sinnoh so the Gyarados are obviously different specimen. Jasmine being at Sunnyshore, however, allows us to conclude that by the time the Gen IV protagonist reaches Sunnyshore, the Gen II protagonist has already defeated Jasmine and given the circumstances, is probably in Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    What that makes no sense. The Lake of Rage isn't anywhere near Sinnoh so the Gyarados are obviously different specimen. Jasmine being at Sunnyshore, however, allows us to conclude that by the time the Gen IV protagonist reaches Sunnyshore, the Gen II protagonist has already defeated Jasmine and given the circumstances, is probably in Kanto.
    How does that not make sense? You think there's more than on red Gyarados?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back